Uber Drivers Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
They are supposedly short of drivers.. I am surprised that they are deactivating anyone.
Sorry for the situation but you are probably better off.. However, It is nice to be able to jump in the car and make some money when you are short funded but -- it is what it is.. Sign up for Uber -- get your bonus then only drive occasionally.

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
They are supposedly short of drivers.. I am surprised that they are deactivating anyone.
Sorry for the situation but you are probably better off.. However, It is nice to be able to jump in the car and make some money when you are short funded but -- it is what it is.. Sign up for Uber -- get your bonus then only drive occasionally.
When I did rideshare full time, Uber was the main one I used. I think I've done about 9,000 rides for them.

·
Premium Member
15,787 Posts
I'm probably not going to dignify Lyft's email with a response.
don't you have a dashcam? Oh, but you are not fighting it. got a W2 job, yes? Good for you. gigs are a bridge, or some trope like that.

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
don't you have a dashcam? Oh, but you are not fighting it. got a W2 job, yes? Good for you. gigs are a bridge, or some trope like that.
Yes, but I don't know what ride it was. Lyft keeps its cards close to its chest when pax make complaints.

Maybe I'll respond to them and say that unfortunately due to my privacy policy I am unable to discuss the details of any particular ride with them, but if they have any other questions they shouldn't hesitate to reach out again.

·
6,115 Posts
Yes, but I don't know what ride it was. Lyft keeps its cards close to its chest when pax make complaints.

Maybe I'll respond to them and say that unfortunately due to my privacy policy I am unable to discuss the details of any particular ride with them, but if they have any other questions they shouldn't hesitate to reach out again.
I'd call them out on their BS and tell them you want the PAX contact information so you can file a suite against the pax for defamation of character.

·
Premium Member
15,787 Posts
how uber/lyft can do that is beyond comprehension. OH wait, you are in Calif. Didn't Prop 22 have some type of way to contest actions? idk, didn't pay much attn to that part.

I guess doesn't matter; you are in the W2 world now and don't need to worry yourself with RS. (y)

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
it doesn't matter how much "tenure" you have with these gig outfits,
Oh YES it does.
Those with tenure are MORE likely to be bounced.
The OG's know how to make money - that means they cost their master too much money.

Ants don't get fired -- usually.
Not as quick.

Good luck buddy. I really wish you well. I predict that some day, soon, you'll look back and agree that THIS is the best thing that could have happened -- and at the best time too. I predict you will thrive.

And, please, be one of those posters who come back all the time who don't drive any more. The ants complain about us here every once in a while - it makes me smile.

Godspeed and a safe journey my friend.

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Oh YES it does.
Those with tenure are MORE likely to be bounced.
The OG's know how to make money - that means they cost their master too much money.

Ants don't get fired -- usually.
Not as quick.

Good luck buddy. I really wish you well. I predict that some day, soon, you'll look back and agree that THIS is the best thing that could have happened -- and at the best time too. I predict you will thrive.

And, please, be one of those posters who come back all the time who don't drive any more. The ants complain about us here every once in a while - it makes me smile.

Godspeed and a safe journey my friend.

I'll still be driving Uber part time, cherry picking the good hours when I'm free.

·
Registered
52 Posts
View attachment 598758

7 years and, apparently, 5,130 rides since I gave my first Lyft ride, I have been fired by the Pink Ones. All I can say is that I am surprised I lasted as long as I did!

A point I have been making all along here is it doesn't matter how much "tenure" you have with these gig outfits, or how much work you have done for them, or how good your ratings are - any of us can be done at any time, with no notice, for any reason (or no reason). The longer you do this "gig", the more it becomes a question of "when", not "if".

Fortunately I had already planned my exit from full time rideshare by replacing Uber and Lyft with a proper job.

Just putting this out there - be prepared!
nice try....

looks like a deactivation for not uploading updated documents.. i have a feeling you'll be right back to driving

·
24,575 Posts
I think I probably insulted the dog / offended it by using the wrong gender pronoun.
The ADA , Lyft and Uber policy require you to haul fake service dogs. Lyft has a further unpublished policy that requires you to like it when they have a fake service dog that sheds all over your car and trashes it. You must not have liked it when you had to clean up after someone's fake service dog.

·
Premium Member
6,717 Posts
It's interesting. I rarely drive for Lyft, less than 2k trips. I open the app one day and I have a complaint about my driving and "bad customer experience" or something like that, with threats of deactivation.

I had only given maybe three trips in over a month and those warnings seemed to appear a while after those trips. I never got an email, didn't know until I opened the app.

Those went away, but when I went to cancel a trip after seeing that it had a stop (I don't do those), I was threatened with deactivation if I canceled. Say what?! 🤣

Something definitely changed with them. Or maybe wires are getting crossed somehow.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
ran into a mailbox in the dark i didnt see in santee. waiting to hear back from lyft on 'if" I will be deactivated after submitting several emails of pictures, talking with several people on the app.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Your mistake was believing you should replace a proper job with a gig job.

It should have always been the other way around. Gig work is supposed to be extra money in your spare time.
IN a perfect good job wage/good job world. Look at what is being offered out there from now to at least ten years ago job wise and see why many went to gig work. Tell me there has been thousands of really good paying full time/w benefits jobs flooding the market in the last ten, twenty, thirty years? looks to me that many companies are and have been turning into gig jobs including "temp/staffing companies" who now call that work gig.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
ran into a mailbox in the dark i didnt see in santee. waiting to hear back from lyft on 'if" I will be deactivated after submitting several emails of pictures, talking with several people on the app.
Well I got deactivated from lyft for hitting the mailbox in the dark in santee and not to knock on anyones door or call the police after midnight.

·
Premium Member
11,380 Posts
It's interesting. I rarely drive for Lyft, less than 2k trips. I open the app one day and I have a complaint about my driving and "bad customer experience" or something like that, with threats of deactivation.

I had only given maybe three trips in over a month and those warnings seemed to appear a while after those trips. I never got an email, didn't know until I opened the app.

Those went away, but when I went to cancel a trip after seeing that it had a stop (I don't do those), I was threatened with deactivation if I canceled. Say what?! 🤣

Something definitely changed with them. Or maybe wires are getting crossed somehow.
4-5 months AFTER I last drove for Goober, I suddenly received 3 new 1 stars.

Reactions: Benjamin M

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Wow, there are SO many jobs out there right now that offer pretty good pay and require no experience or skills to speak of.
At least where I live ...

Why do you all keep putting up with this crap?

It must be one of those things like when women go back to the men that abuse them over and over. Is that what it is?
Battered Driver Syndrome? BDS.

·
Premium Member
11,380 Posts
Wow, there are SO many jobs out there right now that offer pretty good pay and require no experience or skills to speak of.
At least where I live ...

Why do you all keep putting up with this crap?

It must be one of those things like when women go back to the men that abuse them over and over. Is that what it is?
Battered Driver Syndrome? BDS.

Werd.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts