Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

7 years and, apparently, 5,130 rides since I gave my first Lyft ride, I have been fired by the Pink Ones. All I can say is that I am surprised I lasted as long as I did!

A point I have been making all along here is it doesn't matter how much "tenure" you have with these gig outfits, or how much work you have done for them, or how good your ratings are - any of us can be done at any time, with no notice, for any reason (or no reason). The longer you do this "gig", the more it becomes a question of "when", not "if".

Fortunately I had already planned my exit from full time rideshare by replacing Uber and Lyft with a proper job.

Just putting this out there - be prepared!

·
Premium Member
5,404 Posts
View attachment 598758

7 years and, apparently, 5,130 rides since I gave my first Lyft ride, I have been fired by the Pink Ones. All I can say is that I am surprised I lasted as long as I did!

A point I have been making all along here is it doesn't matter how much "tenure" you have with these gig outfits, or how much work you have done for them, or how good your ratings are - any of us can be done at any time, with no notice, for any reason (or no reason). The longer you do this "gig", the more it becomes a question of "when", not "if".

Fortunately I had already planned my exit from full time rideshare by replacing Uber and Lyft with a proper job.

Sorry dude.
I hope you like the new job even better !!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
View attachment 598758

Good luck on the job market buddy.

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry dude.
I hope you like the new job even better !!
It'd be hard to find a company worse than Lyft to work for! It would have been good to be able to keep Lyft as an option for cherry picking a few good hours per week part time, but I always knew that Lyft was going to be a limited - duration activity. I just didn't know how long it would last, and now I do! Overall I can't say that I'm disappointed.

·
Premium Member
22,854 Posts
View attachment 598758

Congratulations.

Shuffled the wrong "service dog"?

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
View attachment 598758

What happened brother?

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From the first offer you accept the clock starts counting down. Now for entertainment value, let's hear the details on why you were deactivated. Did you go batshit crazy and pull some epic freak out on a pax?
I had considered going out in a blaze of glory with an epic meltdown / spazfest, but no, there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Lyft had been sending me emails about "unsatisfactory ride experiences" or some other bullshit, so I just set up an email filter to send them directly to the trash bin. I guess I must have let the community down somehow 🤠

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
View attachment 598758

just uninstall the app. I did. when you need a buck or two for gas install it again.

·
Premium Member
11,394 Posts
Can happen to anyone at anytime. I am still active on Gryft, but not Goober. Goober holds my not at fault accident against me. I was on a Goober ride when I was t boned. Gryft uses the same bg check but still wants me to drive.

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
Thanks, I got a job. Good pay, benefits, company isn't run by dooshes etc etc. It's all good.
"dooshes" I think that the rideshare apps are full of them...which many of us realized long ago. I like this reference! 🤣

Reactions: New2This
1 - 20 of 75 Posts