Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Third or second degree?

At this state you're in, I would worry about the state traffic court instead of tlc..

As for tlc It used to be money but they changed some rules and laws
Driving without license ( it might be hack though ) is by jail up to 60 days and 1000$

In old. Chapter 55 Revocations did come generally after the third offenses..

Yet TLC is rewriting the book you better check with the office.

I would even suggest if it's gonna cost you a lot surrendering your FHV back before the finalization of DMV case. Once the conviction is out TLC is gonna hit you with few K's

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Depending on the degree it can be either a class E felony or a misdemeanor, but that is with the State. As for TLC I found the following:

Section 80-11 (c):

Smile Rectangle Handwriting Font Circle

Once your chauffeur's license is revoked/suspended you are subject to 80-11 (c)(3):

Rectangle Font Number Paper product Magenta

If you are found guilty its gg for you, given the "summarily suspended" wording.

If you are found not guilty depending on whether TLC finds out about the case it can be either $100 fine for failing to surrender TLC license or suspension if they can find evidence that you drove a TLC vehicle after your chauffeur's license has been suspended/revoked.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I don't think Manny was operating ,

He is asking AUO ..so he was suspended...

TLC will remove any suspended license from active drivers list.
the apps ( Uber is little late about that but ) will suspend the accounts when the driver is suspended .

But he could still be driving his personal in LI . Cause Uber LI has no way of knowing he was suspended.

I am guessing he is asking what kind of penalty he must expect from tlc when he gets a new conviction from DMV.

But If he was operating TLC;

God bless his soul.... :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Assuming he did not operate a TLC vehicle and (assuming) did not surrender TLC license, then the worst case scenario is only $100 fine? That is not bad at all.
That's cherry on top

Unlicensed use of any motor vehicle was one year ban.
DUI and DWI was three year ban. Etc etc.

And now he definitely have persistent violator status..

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
A while back my cousin was driving a TLC plated car without TLC license, and a suspended dmv license. Yes he was doing street hails, reason he lost his TLC license was for doing street hails. (Idiot). Anyway one day TLC stopped him, with support of nypd so he couldn’t speed off this time. Next thing you know he’s on back of the patrol car, I believe one of the charges was the same one you got. Well TLC hit him with fines up to 10k, or a settlement of like 5 or 6k. That’s not including fines from dmv and everything else. At this point he said F*ck TLC, and worried about dmv which is way more important than TLC. Now he’s living in California, and never even bother paying TLC, he even does Uber part time. Tbh at this point surrender your TLC license and worry about traffic court. Do part time outside of nyc, don’t invest anymore money in this dying industry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts