Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yep, now it is like Lyft's app.
Which honestly, I actually have preferred Uber's app and integrated navigation, over switching between apps which creates delay and other irritating issues at the most inopportune moments.

They couldn't just offer the option to use other navigation apps, they had to remove an option in the process (one that has been in place for quite some time).
Good ole' Uber logic at it's finest.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, now it is like Lyft's app.
Which honestly, I actually have preferred Uber's app and integrated navigation, over switching between apps which creates delay and other irritating issues at the most inopportune moments.

They couldn't just offer the option to use other navigation apps, they had to remove an option in the process (one that has been in place for quite some time).
Good ole' Uber logic at it's finest.
The way they make it sound is you can choose to use it, or just keep using their crap navigation.

·
Registered
946 Posts
The way they make it sound is you can choose to use it, or just keep using their crap navigation.
Yeah, Apple maps does suck at times, but the fact it was completely integrated and required less input from the user was quite handy.
I guess the 'app company' wants to focus less on the app itself and more on policies and micro-management.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Apple maps has superior graphics and is much easier to follow.....

Google maps is great for it tells you even what lane to be in, and is extremely accurate....

Waze is great for an accurate arrival time, but their graphics are horrendous.....

I'm not completely happy with any of them and will flip flop depending on the situation.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apple maps has superior graphics and is much easier to follow.....

Google maps is great for it tells you even what lane to be in, and is extremely accurate....

Waze is great for an accurate arrival time, but their graphics are horrendous.....

I'm not completely happy with any of them and will flip flop depending on the situation.
I've had zero issues with waze. I think it's far more accurate, and I love the traffic updates and hazard warnings

·
Registered
162 Posts
IT's weird how both apps try to make the drop off location an alley, which pisses some of my riders off. They think I'm trying to scam them

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IT's weird how both apps try to make the drop off location an alley, which pisses some of my riders off. They think I'm trying to scam them
If you just blindly follow the GPS, and go sit in an ally you need to find new work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts