Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, so finally finished this process after several attempted rounds to coordinate with MV and besides liking the driver rates w WHOLE LOT, I'm grasping for other things to feel similar about. Who's got some Getme experience to share please??

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I didn't get a single one of them but the app texted me 12 times tonight about a job being in the queue. That's sort of encouraging...but there are how many vying for jobs??

Eh, never mind. Speed seems necessary so I won't be any competition given my POS phone.

Someone "Getme" a phone please!!!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Well, I didn't get a single one of them but the app texted me 12 times tonight about a job being in the queue. That's sort of encouraging...but there are how many vying for jobs??

Eh, never mind. Speed seems necessary so I won't be any competition given my POS phone.

Someone "Getme" a phone please!!!
Must have an Iphone eh?...;)

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Wow in 2 months people go from GetMe is going give Uber trouble. To its not worth it.

Again you can't take a company charge twice as much as Uber. Slap a cool name and think people will use. It just doesn't work that way.
People don't know about it because they don't need it. Austin will be interesting because if Uber and Lyft leave, with getme being the only option left, we'll really get to find out if the consumer values this kind of option over cabs, if rates are the same.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Let me be charitable here. Get Me is run by 6th grade kids who do not know their elbows from their asses. Apologies to 6th graders.

They ride on the coat-tails of Uber by signing up drivers with valid TNC's etc. They have Zero marketing. Apparently they 'blast' a request every once in a while. On the flip side, these is one use for the Pex card they give you, this can be used to scrape the frost and other crap off your windshield.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Let me be charitable here. Get Me is run by 6th grade kids who do not know their elbows from their asses. Apologies to 6th graders.

They ride on the coat-tails of Uber by signing up drivers with valid TNC's etc. They have Zero marketing. Apparently they 'blast' a request every once in a while. On the flip side, these is one use for the Pex card they give you, this can be used to scrape the frost and other crap off your windshield.
Indeed, but they sure act like they have something planned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My only delivery was a scammer. He wanted to get amazon gift cards. He text you to get it and to text him the codes. I text him let me confirm with Getme. He then proceeded to send me an screenshot showing getme me approve it. I had to cancelled the request. I called Michael at Getme and he said this person is being registering and doing this since yesterday. So beware. Another thing that was strange was that when I went to return the card to getme that guys was closing his office. Their office was on 2425 West Loop South #200. I just did the boarding yesterday.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
My only delivery was a scammer. He wanted to get amazon gift cards. He text you to get it and to text him the codes. I text him let me confirm with Getme. He then proceeded to send me an screenshot showing getme me approve it. I had to cancelled the request. I called Michael at Getme and he said this person is being registering and doing this since yesterday. So beware. Another thing that was strange was that when I went to return the card to getme that guys was closing his office. Their office was on 2425 West Loop South #200. I just did the boarding yesterday.
Next it will be go get me a ounce from some address. And some poor soul will pull up and realize after they meant marijuana. Lmao.
It is a matter of time. Just like users and dealers use Uber soon enough some idiot will order a drug puckup from GetMe.

Hey yo it says GetMe. So go get me some stuff. Damn I thought this was a top notch delivery service that did it all. Hell I can't leave either the honey's is coming over.

G

·
I have a feeling getme or at least their local rep are/is a scammer. Ive noticed a few things that seem out if place. Hope I'm wrong but...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funny you should say this because the one job I've been able to even consider was this morning and the request came from St Joseph Parkway and it was for a $200 Amazon gift card...I can't remember the name on the request but it may have been "John" although I may be blurring with Trebor's post about another John on International...wonder if your Amazon guy is the same one I saw today.

As for the offices, I was on boarded at the same location but MV mentioned they'd be moving to the Heights area the following week.

I certainly was underwhelmed and have set expectations to none and will see if this big push ever happens. If.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure how their system will work since it does not go to the nearest driver first. Having us just accept the job then the customer cancels because we are too far. The text should go to the nearest 10 drivers for example. I accepted a job and the customer cancelled since he saw I was 30 minutes away. It was a $100 fare so I was willing to drive there, worse case he cancels and I just get an Uber request.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.