Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a pick up at terminal 3. The taxi supervisors didn't look too happy with the cab. They were shocked when I told them the cab came from the left lane and smacked into me while I was going straight in the right lane. Thank goodness I was covered at the time. Hope I get to retire soon.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: Yellow Cab called me today to schedule an inspection for my car. They're gonna look at the damages and write up an estimate to reimburse me. Looks like I'm getting some money.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my back my back is not enough you need to get a nice DR to do something magic for you. :(;)
That would make sense if I had to do an engine rebuild or replace half the car. When you factor in lawyer fees, filing fees, court fees, most of the money you'd get is gone. Lawyers take most of the money from cases anyways, so you're not getting much magic. When it comes to claims and cases I take the mathematical perspective. A lawyer won't make sense in my case.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That would make sense if I had to do an engine rebuild or replace half the car. When you factor in lawyer fees, filing fees, court fees, most of the money you'd get is gone. Lawyers take most of the money from cases anyways, so you're not getting much magic. When it comes to claims and cases I take the mathematical perspective. A lawyer won't make sense in my case.
Considering you think lawyers take most of the money from cases I'm wondering about your "mathematical perspective".

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Considering you think lawyers take most of the money from cases I'm wondering about your "mathematical perspective".
How do you think lawyers make the money they do, government grants? Also I'd rather take home all the money instead of some of the money and owe more in payments.

I've always had a hard belief of never getting a lawyer involved in vehicle related issues unless your experience is life changing (DUI, major injury, salvaged vehicle, etc.) because lawyer costs and fees will change the numbers. Courts taking your money too and most of those costs are nonrefundable. You pay lawyer to do the heavy lifting in court for you, so they're gonna pay themselves for it.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
If you're not "hurt" then no need for a lawyer if you think you can handle it. If you are hurt then the lawyer will send you to a doctor. If it's a slam dunk case they will take it on contingency and normally keep 1/3 of settlements. You would pay nothing. The dollar amount generally would be based on medical bills, loss of income from injuries and possibly pain and suffering.

It's kind of up to you on how you play your cards but in Vegas this happens everyday and lawyers know how to game these ahole cabbies.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
If you're not "hurt" then no need for a lawyer if you think you can handle it. If you are hurt then the lawyer will send you to a doctor. If it's a slam dunk case they will take it on contingency and normally keep 1/3 of settlements. You would pay nothing. The dollar amount generally would be based on medical bills, loss of income from injuries and possibly pain and suffering.

It's kind of up to you on how you play your cards but in Vegas this happens everyday and lawyers know how to game these ahole cabbies.
The industry has a standard schedule for these instances whether or not you get a lawyer or not. However, in the event, they offer you a substandard compensation you can always pull the lawyer card and see if they change their tune.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts