Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
I am researching on Uber Terms&Conditions, policies, etc. to understand if they are transparent and if they creates issues from a driver's perspective.
Therefore, I would be very grateful to know from you guys:
1. Is there anything in the Terms, policies that you don't like/would like to change?
2. More generally, what are the main problems you encounter as Uber drivers
(mainly, but not only, with regard to the relation with the platform).
This research could help bettering your position, strengthening your rights and rebalancing your relation with Uber.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Cheers,
Guido
@guidonld

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi chi1cabby!
I am a researcher in information technology law at Queen Mary University of London and fundamental rights advocate. I am making a research to understand what are the issues of users of online platforms and I believe that Uber is a very good use case to start with. I dissect the Terms&Conditions, pricacy statements, policies, etc. to understand what are your rights as users, but I would like to know your experience guys, because often the documents don't provide a comprehensive image of the issues faced by users (in this case driver-partners, how Uber calls you). This research has absolutely no commercial purpose and anonymity of everyone will be ensured.
I am available for any further clarification, hope to hear from you soon!
Cheers,
Guido

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I am a researcher in information technology law at Queen Mary University of London and fundamental rights advocate.
Would you be researching Uber's policy and the issues faced by U.K. Drivers only, or also the U.S. Drivers as well?

·
Registered
10,169 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow that's so interesting! I repeatedly ask Uber the Terms for drivers and they redirected me to the general User T&C on the official website
As far as I understand now, the most important legal document is this agreement (even though it declares to regard only lead generation, I get the impression that its object is broader). So you don't contract with Uber Technologies, you contract with Rasier in the US and with the transport provider which in turns contract with Uber BV in the UK, right? Any information about Germany? From the mobile app I find three versions of T&C: US, non US (e.g. UK), Germany, don't know the reason
Who is the transport provider in the UK? Where is the US contract between the driver and the transportation provider?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanx!

To start off, I'll link Uber's U.K. & U.S. Partnership Agreements:

U.K.:
UBER's NEW PARTNER/DRIVER AGREEMENT

U.S.
New US Uber Partner Agreement - Dec 11, 2015 (Arbitration)
Hi Advocate! Any news on contracts, agreements, etc.? By the by, I have seen that now there is a new "legal", the Promotion Terms and Conditions. However, they state that they are "incorporated into and made a part of the Promotion Agreement Cover Sheet", but I cannot find the latter, do you know where is it?
Cheers,
Guido

·
Registered
50 Posts
Uber calls the drivers , partners and we are suppose to be contractors and not employees but according to US labor law they can not fire (deactivate) drivers since they are contractors and not employees of Uber but they do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts