Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Look at the airport flight summary webpage.
Cars CAN move at 1 or more per minute based on my timing checks.

Size of planes matters.

Southwest T2 plane dumps (15 - 737 in 15 min) can suck traffic-wise but most all will get a ride.

Don’t sleep or game. Ride Share IS the game.

· Registered
24 Posts
Ever since they changed the way the airport pick-up a couple months back, I avoid the airport. I used to be able to get in and out. I treat Uber like a job when I do it. If I'm not making at least $25+ an hour, it's pointless to me. But thats just me. I'm not waiting for 30 cars to pick a person up.

· Registered
20 Posts
Did one visit last night to the airport queue. Had a couple firsts. At 9:13pm, the queue(s):
  • 51-55 UberX,
  • 11-15 UberXL,
  • 26 Lyft, and
  • 7 Lyft XL.
I watch the queues empty really fast. I wanted to hold out for a nice XL which seems to be risky. At 9:35 got a Lyft and passed. At 9:36 got 2 UberX and passed. Then at 9:38pm was offered a "short trip" with Uber and it said they'd hold my place in line once I returned. Nice! I hadn't heard anybody talk about that before: in fact some commented on their fear they'd wait all that time for a short fare. Well I jumped on it. It definitely was a short fare (to Quality Inn right by Parkinf Spot 2). But then the second "first" happened-I got a Quality Inn fare while sitting there. :)

Cindy do you think that was explicitly a rematch, or just luck of the draw? Either way I felt it was better than heading back to the queue. But it wasn't XL. Fortunately went downtown to the Convention Ctr and I was all over down there the rest of the night.

· Registered
636 Posts
Rematch (called Insta ping queue in some cities) occurs only right in front of the terminals, not south of 70, and before you get into the queue. Usually after dropping someone off, but not always. You never left the queue, so you were still in the number 1 spot. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I get pings to AP hotels while in the queue, often before I get to the front of the queue. I suspect others before me didn't accept them, but I'll never know. I got one ping from Cypress that went to Festus, and another from the Rock Road that went to Chicago. Both were barely outside the queue, but I drive X so I take every ping I get.

(Just make sure you aren't accepting Eats pings from Lot C, most are from the McDonalds on Dorsett to homes and businesses less than 2 miles away. :-( )

· Registered
162 Posts
Rematch (called Insta ping queue in some cities) occurs only right in front of the terminals, not south of 70, and before you get into the queue. Usually after dropping someone off, but not always. You never left the queue, so you were still in the number 1 spot. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I get pings to AP hotels while in the queue, often before I get to the front of the queue. I suspect others before me didn't accept them, but I'll never know. I got one ping from Cypress that went to Festus, and another from the Rock Road that went to Chicago. Both were barely outside the queue, but I drive X so I take every ping I get.

(Just make sure you aren't accepting Eats pings from Lot C, most are from the McDonalds on Dorsett to homes and businesses less than 2 miles away. :-( )
I'm trying to work on a theory for that. The same thing happens me. I'd pull in the lot and get pinged before I can even get a chance to park.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.