Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a trip out to Dia this morning from Boulder. Figured I would hang out on Fifo I stead of playing in traffic. Who is out here where you at? First Row dozen on from the end north end is where i am. Big White Suburban.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Had a trip out to Dia this morning from Boulder. Figured I would hang out on Fifo I stead of playing in traffic. Who is out here where you at? First Row dozen on from the end north end is where i am. Big White Suburban.
I have never had the patience after a morning drop off to stick it out in the lot. Sunday morning I dropped someone off around 7:30, went to the lot and was at 76 queue when I entered. Took the time to go to the bathroom, wipe down the windows (I was driving since midnight) clean out whatever trash I accumulated, and after about 20 minutes dropped one number to 75, so I left. I find that the queue moves way quicker in the evenings.

How long did you wait for a ride?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hate the lots...I hate the fking lots. It's nice for people that want to sleep in their cars for a ride...but I'd rather go play or work out. >_>

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have never had the patience after a morning drop off to stick it out in the lot. Sunday morning I dropped someone off around 7:30, went to the lot and was at 76 queue when I entered. Took the time to go to the bathroom, wipe down the windows (I was driving since midnight) clean out whatever trash I accumulated, and after about 20 minutes dropped one number to 75, so I left. I find that the queue moves way quicker in the evenings.

I set a timer when I get to the FIFO lot and see how fast the queue position moves in 15 minutes. Then I decide whether I should stay or go.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

About 90 mins. I only stay if airport arrivals suggest I should.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Does anyone know how long the grace period is? (aside from a pickup/cancel ping).

Last Saturday or Sunday I "checked in" at FIFO after a dropoff, then drove over to F.A. for breakfast. Was out and back in about 15 minutes (to test it out) and still held my place in the queue.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Does anyone know how long the grace period is? (aside from a pickup/cancel ping).

Last Saturday or Sunday I "checked in" at FIFO after a dropoff, then drove over to F.A. for breakfast. Was out and back in about 15 minutes (to test it out) and still held my place in the queue.
I think it's right at about 15 minutes. I think you are at risk to get bounced out after 15 minutes. But Uber is constantly adjusting how their DIA queue/geo fence works from what I can see, so it does vary some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts