Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a passenger allowed to request that you ride on one of the Puget Sound ferries (with the intention of continuing the ride after the ferry lets off)? If so, how should this situation be handled?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Is a passenger allowed to request that you ride on one of the Puget Sound ferries (with the intention of continuing the ride after the ferry lets off)? If so, how should this situation be handled?
They can request but should expect me to comply. Those take forever and also cost money. No thanks.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Why on earth.... Tell them to go fly a kite. The time and dead miles and time back.... I'm sure this has never been done.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Why on earth.... Tell them to go fly a kite. The time and dead miles and time back.... I'm sure this has never been done.
Though the good thing is you would still be paid for all that mileage though. Since it is using GPS. But I still wouldn't do it unless they were going back too so I was paid for round trip mileage and all the time.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Don't forget you have to pay a car ferry toll for the trip back. That is about $15 as I recall. And they would have to pay the toll on the way over, not covered in the app.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Don't forget you have to pay a car ferry toll for the trip back. That is about $15 as I recall. And they would have to pay the toll on the way over, not covered in the app.
Yep. Agreed. They would have to pay both ways for tolls, mileage both ways, and time for the entire journey. It would be cost prohibitive for them to agree to all those terms so I would not do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Besides, Uber operates over here on the western side of the sound, so why don't they just book another ride after going on the ferry on foot?

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
That is not going to happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts