Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other female drivers in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area who are receiving a lack of respect?

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I'm sure it's not just that area. How many times have I been cancelled on just cause they didn't like my mag shot. Or how many have because they did not want a woman driver. Hence the idea of the female only ride-share.

Just because you have a bad apple, just 1* star them and move on. Don't be scared to do so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been driving for three weeks and for those three weeks, 45% of my passengers look at me like I'm an alien then of course make a remark that I am a female.
Then they bombard with the same old questions that I have been hearing since my first day:
How long have you been doing this?
Do you like it?
How much do you make?
Is it worth it?
Do you feel safe?
Do you have a weapon?
Do you drive at night?
How do your parents feel about this?
How is your boyfriend taking this?
If you have a degree, why do you do this?

And so on.

I have received many uber drivers AS passengers and after attempting to converse about my personal life, they will continue to ask for my personal phone number.
Isn't there an unwritten rule not to ask your uber driver for their personal number?

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Yes, It's called Class. Which many do not have.
Yes, I have a Tazer, would you like to try it.
What makes you think I have a boy, well his name is Babba, he gets out tomorrow.

In other words, answer there question with a question that puts them in an ackward position.

ps you only get 3 questions at a time.

·
Registered
660 Posts
People can ask whatever they want. You can answer whatever you want (who said it has to be the truth?).

Whenever they ask me questions and I do not want to have a conversation about myself, I answer politely their question, but throw it back at them.

- How long have you been driving for UBER?
* I drive since the month of X. What about you? What do you do and for how long have you been doing it?

- Do you like driving for UBER?
* It is ok, could be better. And you? Do you like your job?

- Are you from Miami?
* No, I am from Z. And you? Where are you from?

Believe you me, they stop asking you questions pretty quickly. Because either they dont want to talk about themselves, or because they want, and you just gave them an excuse. Best of all, you always answered politely and were not rude.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are there any other female drivers in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area who are receiving a lack of respect?
Yes, all the time. Today also somebody hit my door because they was 6 and I refuse to take them, they insult me hit the car, call me names....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had my worst ride with a female uber driver, we almost got into two accidents (no defensive driving skills) but she was hot so I didn't care and I always tip. Other than her complaining about her car, we didn't talk much.

·
Registered
440 Posts
No I get a lot of respect! And I am 4.8 ! People ask me how long I have been driving for uber, my response is this is my first day with my new license and my first trip on the highway, so your the lucky one !!! Buckle up !

·
Registered
323 Posts
Im a girl driver and honestly, you have to demand your respect. Set the tone with passengers. Ive only had about 2-3 incidents with rude people and they get left right there on the curb with their attitude. I dont tolerate shit from anyone and you shouldn't either. Just because we are girls doesn't mean we have to be afraid. Carry mace, stun gun,etc... Don't let these riders run the show. I run the show in my car. I'm very friendly and all but I don't let people cross the line. Especially men when they start asking for personal information, just let them know its none of their business in a polite way and change the convoy. I have a 4.9 and I don't tolerate bullshit. People know who they can and can't **** with. It helps I'm street savy with a sweet face... it confuses them...lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also, the good thing about being a girl uber is that people mostly don't cancel. Men want to get picked up by a pretty girl and women feel safer with women drivers. So put your best mug shot and use it to your advantage ladies!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I gotta admit, girls who drive in Miami have the biggest balls. When I moved here I noticed how thirsty and disrespectful guys are in Miami/Soflo. Many times they act like they never seen a girl before (straight up painful to watch). I can only imagine that plus driving them around. If I was a girl I wouldn't put up with the harassment. I might ended up in jail for throwing a pax out of a moving vehicle lol.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Let me put it this way, if I were female, I wouldn't work here... I wouldn't recommend any female I know (unless they carried) to do this either, even then. I wouldn't wish them to waste bullets or the threat of bullets on some two dollar fratboy.

Since starting this in late April, I've had to call the police twice, usually I just holler at a Fort Lauderdale officer across the street that I need help. That typically gets said fratboys to chill real quick.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes that's another advantage, most pax don't expect help with luggage. However, a few just stand by the trunks and doors clueless. That's when I let them know "it's unlocked!" That's their cue to open their own door and pack their own shit! Lol ... I never get out of the vehicle for safety reasons plus I'm not getting paid chauffeur prices or anyone's private Butler.

As for any harassment, you have to set the tone and men won't cross the line. Men riding by themselves will sometimes want to sit in the front with me, i point to my purse in the front seat and tell them sorry i have my purse up here with a sweet smile. I don't like them in the front with me so it doesn't give them any funny ideas!
Men will always be persistent but you have to put them back in their place. And if the situation becomes unsafe or disrespectful, you can kindly drop them off at the next lighted public area. Ive never kicked anyone out of my car but i wont hesitate. Don't tolerate it ladies! Don't compromise your safety or self respect for anyone. Don't let these men intimidate you.

And to the stupid sexist comment about women not driving, I'll let you know that some of us can actually drive.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes that's another advantage, most pax don't expect help with luggage. However, a few just stand by the trunks and doors clueless. That's when I let them know "it's unlocked!" That's their cue to open their own door and pack their own shit! Lol ... I never get out of the vehicle for safety reasons plus I'm not getting paid chauffeur prices or anyone's private Butler.
I never open the doors when they're getting in or out but I will open the trunk if they have luggage because I don't want them dropping them on my bumper and messing up the paint, nor do I want them slamming the trunk lid because it has the fancy soft-touch close feature. Other than that, they're on their own as far as wanting to get in & out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
"And to the stupid sexist comment about women not driving, I'll let you know that some of us can actually drive."

Why couldn't Helen Keller drive? Because she was a woman! (ducking and running)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This one man I picked up from the airport who was in his mid 50s sat in the front with me. He tried to converse so I asked if he lived in Florida or if he was visiting. He willingly said he was here to meet a girl to have sex with and he was leaving Florida tonight. He then proceeded to tell me that he was surprised that I didn't open the door for him nor did I open the trunk for him. He said that most uber drivers do those things for him. He also stated his friend works for Uber and he always keeps a cooler of snacks and water for his passengers, then asked me where my Cooler was. I told him I only do part-time Uber and I don't make enough to have a cooler full of snacks and water. He asked me if I ever get tips and I said every once in a while I get a five, he said his friend that does Uber gets $150 in tips every week. He also asked me why I wasn't dressed in business attire because most men that pick him up at always wearing suits.
He also mentioned I was his third choice because the first request he made he received a driver that was 4.7stars, the second request he made he matched with a 4.6star driver, then the third time he received me and because I have 4.9, he stuck to the third request.
He later told me he was kidding about the sex statement he made and he actually lives where I was dropping him off, he also wanted to provide me with directions to his destination but they were wrong. He asked me to stop at Dunkin Donuts and I did.
I finally dropped him off, didn't receive a tip or five stars.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts