Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
If a plumber accepts a job for a fee without knowing the details of the job, it doesn't make them an employee, just a bad business person.

If a rideshare driver accepts a job for a fee without knowing the details of the job, it doesn't make them an employee, just a bad business person.

If an entity offers a fee for a service, it doesn't necessarily make them an employer. If I offer the corn dealer $1.00 per ear if he brings it to me at 5 pm everyday doesn't make me his employer. If the corn dealer accepts, he's probably a bad business person as he can sell the product for twice as much and not have to be at a certain place at a certain time.

I've worked as an IC for 30 years. Some clients ask me to bid on an assignment. Some clients offer a fee for an assignment. Accepting either type of assignment doesn't make me an employee. Some years I made 95% of my gross from one client. That doesn't make me an employee. On any assignment I accept, I know the scope of work involved. Accepting an assignment without knowing the details would make me a bad business person. It wouldn't make me an employee.

·
Premium Member
3,811 Posts
And Biden won't put up with UL bs....
Wow, you actually think Joe is in charge, don't you?

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
that's funny. You **** Trump was is in charge?

OK, who is going to tell him?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
And Biden won't put up with UL bs....

CNBC: Uber, Lyft, Doordash stocks fall sharply after U.S. Labor Secretary says gig workers should be classified as employees. Uber, Lyft, DoorDash stocks fall sharply after U.S. Labor secretary says gig workers should be classified as employees
Good. Make it happen. The very moment that Uber classifies drivers as employees is the same moment that I will become a ex-Uber driver. No benefits for me. The prices of uber rideshare will definitely go up and the driver loses because there will be a greater investment by uber. The employee will really become a slave then.This is a no win for the driver. Be careful what you ask for.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
for all of you who posted in the last couple of hours on this. . . .

this is a recycled chat thread from 5 months ago . ..

Just sayin. .

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Just looked up the IRS definition of a independent contractor seems to me,we are not independent contractors but employees

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is great news. The legal status of workers driving for Uber, Lyft, and DoorDash has become a controversial issue around the world.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts