Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
The heavily bodied woman has re entered the opera house through the front door.
but but but I'm still right and everybody else is still wrong. So there's that, still.

But, do queue all those who have never been an employee yelling and screaming that they think RS life would be better as an employee. I do enjoy popping their widdle balloons. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No reason why you can't be an employee and still have a flexible work schedule to your liking like many other employers do nowadays. Uber could still allow employees to work whatever hours they want....just like most PT businesses allow employees to choose their schedule.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I'd agree that the Über and Lyft crews want their cake and eat it too. They push the fiction that this is rideshare rather than a taxi service and that their drivers are Independent Contractors

·
Premium Member
24,056 Posts
If it's some hourly bullshit pass.

If it's what CA had up to a few weeks ago, we can talk.

·
Super Moderator
15,945 Posts
but but but I'm still right and everybody else is still wrong. So there's that, still.

But, do queue all those who have never been an employee yelling and screaming that they think RS life would be better as an employee. I do enjoy popping their widdle balloons. :LOL:
I've been an employee, manager, general manager, employer and independent contractor.

No one is saying being an employee is better but drivers are not independent contractors.

Uber has to give up more control to drivers if they want them to be true independent contractors.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
I've been an employee, manager, general manager, employer and independent contractor.

No one is saying being an employee is better but drivers are not independent contractors.

Uber has to give up more control to drivers if they want them to be true independent contractors.

If only
uber had a way to let us set our own prices and see where we are going and see the financials of the ride if they could some how do this it might change things.

·
Super Moderator
6,269 Posts

You are correct. More control would be great. But we're dealing with politicians and billion dollar corporations. And "improvements" don't always improve things for the average Joe, so I'm skeptical of a perfect gig app model. Therefore if the choice is the status quo or employee status (and/or things like designated shifts, driver caps, etc), then I think I'd take the status quo.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid
2,359 Posts
No reason why you can't be an employee and still have a flexible work schedule to your liking like many other employers do nowadays. Uber could still allow employees to work whatever hours they want....just like most PT businesses allow employees to choose their schedule.
How many other no-skill minimum wage earning jobs let you pick when you work, where you work and who you work with and just for shits and giggles work for the competition at the same time?

I guess McDonald's and Wal*Mart let their no-skill workers pick the location they work at, when they will work, who they will work with and go across the street to Target or Carl's Jr. at the same time?

It's really odd how nobody ever seems to have an answer for this other than once we become employee's of Uber/Lyft, we will have a full time pay with no deductions, we will still get to work when we want, where we want and pick up who we want on both platforms at the same time because as an employee WE HAVE RIGHTS!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
ah, what forum are you reading? scroll back a year here. How many were for AB5, against Prop 22? It was because more than a few here 'thought' that being employee you are protected (in calif, you aren't) and that all freedoms would remain exactly the same (they wouldn't)..

Dozens and dozens posts/threads.

Can't wait to repeat everything that has already been posted. But said cabinet official was speaking out of his arse, so no real worries. Since there is no union, Biden will lose interest once he is sat down and informed drivers aren't employees and don't want a union.

Reactions: New2This

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
No reason why you can't be an employee and still have a flexible work schedule to your liking like many other employers do nowadays.
that would depend on Uber et al allowing it, yes? And have to tell you, brand new employees don't get flex schedule out of the gate. That is a perk for seniority.

But the entire go online when you want; where you want; pings etc all gone. You would get a schedule and dispatch orders. No requests anymore. Plus Uber et al already said they would not hire 100% of active drivers as employees. So there's that bomb that kinda nukes any benefits of 'being' an employee. Or at least should. that and the fact there would be supervision and performance reviews. uh oh.

Reactions: Fusion_LUser

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
oh, we should just strike now. :ROFLMAO:

as long as strike over by 5/4; that's when I'm going back online in search of that $100 bill.

Reactions: New2This

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
ah, what forum are you reading? scroll back a year here. How many were for AB5, against Prop 22? It was because more than a few here 'thought' that being employee you are protected (in calif, you aren't) and that all freedoms would remain exactly the same (they wouldn't)..

Dozens and dozens posts/threads.

Can't wait to repeat everything that has already been posted. But said cabinet official was speaking out of his arse, so no real worries. Since there is no union, Biden will lose interest once he is sat down and informed drivers aren't employees and don't want a union.
I am on record as supporting AB5.

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
I am on record as supporting AB5.
I'm on record as saying Prop 22 was the lesser of 2 evils.

Not one person on this forum could counter the fact that if AB5 was it Uber et al would not have hired everybody. In fact, a minority would have been. There was no single benefit that paid for that outcome. Hence nobody jumping in to defend AB5 when that was mentioned.

But, I guess here we go again.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
I'm on record as saying Prop 22 was the lesser of 2 evils.

Not one person on this forum could counter the fact that if AB5 was it Uber et al would not have hired everybody. In fact, a minority would have been. There was no single benefit that paid for that outcome. Hence nobody jumping in to defend AB5 when that was mentioned.

But, I guess here we go again.
"But, I guess here we go again."

Nah. No need to rehash the arguments of the past. But I was for AB5. And I said at the time I didn't object to it being replaced by a better law. But 22 clearly wasn't it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts