Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started my private tutoring business on the side and my wife is my agent/manager. I go to rich peoples houses and help their kids and charge $250 a month to come for 45 minutes a day for 5 days a week, I got this new client to tutor his son who's wife thought the price was a bit high but my wife was firm on the price and they finally agreed. I get to the house and there's a freaking Lamborghini parked in the garage, what was my first thought? Convince the guy to modify the car to get 4 doors on the lambo and get him to sign up for uber select!

·
24,228 Posts
They have a Lamborghini in the garage and are crying about the price of a tutor?

This reminds me of people who used to eat at this overpriced French restaurant in Washington and have the doorman call a cab for them ( I apologise for being redundant: I typed overpriced French restaurant). This was back when we had a Zone System in Washington. Some of the hotels were pretty close to this place, but were across a Zone Line. Thus, you would get four people (there was an extra charge for each additional passenger), a call (it has const extra to call a cab in Washington since the 1920s), the crossing of a zone line and what would have been a six dollar cab fare in New York or Chicago (at the time) was eleven dollars in Washington.

The people would complain, but when they did, I would answer them back that they had just dropped seven hundred fifty on a dinner that was not worth even seventy five bananas and they were complaining about spending eleven dollars on a cab ride? Get real.

Reactions: D Town

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I recently started my private tutoring business on the side and my wife is my agent/manager. I go to rich peoples houses and help their kids and charge $250 a month to come for 45 minutes a day for 5 days a week, I got this new client to tutor his son who's wife thought the price was a bit high but my wife was firm on the price and they finally agreed. I get to the house and there's a freaking Lamborghini parked in the garage, what was my first thought? Convince the guy to modify the car to get 4 doors on the lambo and get him to sign up for uber select!
By my math that's $15.50 per hour to tutor. And you have to drive there and between gigs. So probably at least an hour not 45 mins taken. That brings it to $11.63 per hour.

Unless you're a lousy tutor that's ridiculously cheap.

·
Registered
571 Posts
By my math that's $15.50 per hour to tutor. And you have to drive there and between gigs. So probably at least an hour not 45 mins taken. That brings it to $11.63 per hour.
Unless you're a lousy tutor that's ridiculously cheap.
But still like triple what Ubering brings!

Bonus: If the kid urinates or ralphs,
it's the maid's job security, and not another ignored email to the Philippines for a denied clean up fee.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
But still like triple what Ubering brings!

it's the maid's job security, and not another ignored email to the Philippines for a denied clean up fee.
But presumably there are costs. By the time you figure that in it's probably still less than $10 per hour. And still self employed so no benefits.

·
24,228 Posts
.......and if he does it in Daddy's Lamborghini, it is his backside.................

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I would have thought your first thought would be, "I should have asked for more money."

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
How do you think they were able to afford the Lamborghini? Cutting the corners on everyone.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
How do you think they were able to afford the Lamborghini? Cutting the corners on everyone.
I was going to disagree with you but looking at our economy and how its built on working class people getting shafted out of proper pay while the top get more and more I have to agree with you. The OP is the perfect example of what's wrong with this country and why its doomed to collapse if nothing changes. The rich squeezing every dime out of the poor even when the poor only have 11 cents to their name and then calling them lazy.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
If you have a college degree, you be should charging $50/h for tutoring. Kids mom knows this and tried to low ball you.

You should be charging per visit, not a monthly fee.

High school kids get $10-$15h for tutoring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts