Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I apologize in advance if this question has been answered already, or if this thread is posted in the wrong place.

I am pretty new to using Uber and I have never split a ride. In a few weeks, some friends and I are planning on sharing an Uber ride to Pearson Airport. Does fare splitting work if each of us are picked up from different locations? If so, how would we go about in requesting a ride?

I don't want to have the driver take a huge unexpected detour if the price doesn't reflect it.

Thanks for your help!

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Just book the trip and when driver accepts, ring him and explain.

He should turn off 'accept new trips'. This prevents him receiving new jobs while on yours.

You should enter first pick up and as he approaches that location update to next destination etc. This ensures there is no navigation issues and driver is paid correctly.

For split fares check the Help section of your passenger app.

If you have many passengers and bags, I would strongly suggest to book XL/SUV.

Remember to tip.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your help! :)

As a sort of follow-up question: can one Uber user pay the entire fare, while non-Uber users ride in the same car (not exceeding max capacity)? In other words, I request a ride for UberX, and have 3 other friends who do not have Uber, also ride in that car. Would there be extra fees?

· Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Thank you for your help! :)

As a sort of follow-up question: can one Uber user pay the entire fare, while non-Uber users ride in the same car (not exceeding max capacity)? In other words, I request a ride for UberX, and have 3 other friends who do not have Uber, also ride in that car. Would there be extra fees?
There are no extra fees. An UberX is the same price 1-4 riders. However, the driver would have the final say on multiple stops. I had a trip with 4 pick ups for 4 riders. Even with someone in the back flapping their gums about how great Uber is that you don't have to tip, the person that requested the trip and all the stops did the right thing and gave me a cash tip. Please read the app for Uber's tip policy and don't be brainwashed by your friend's or co worker's hearsay. If you choose to offer your driver a cash gratuity, they are free to accept it. The fare does not include a tip and there is no way to tip your driver with the Uber app. Help>a guide to Uber>after my ride>can I tip my driver with the app?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are no extra fees. An UberX is the same price 1-4 riders. However, the driver would have the final say on multiple stops. I had a trip with 4 pick ups for 4 riders. Even with someone in the back flapping their gums about how great Uber is that you don't have to tip, the person that requested the trip and all the stops did the right thing and gave me a cash tip. Please read the app for Uber's tip policy and don't be brainwashed by your friend's or co worker's hearsay. If you choose to offer your driver a cash gratuity, they are free to accept it. The fare does not include a tip and there is no way to tip your driver with the Uber app. Help>a guide to Uber>after my ride>can I tip my driver with the app?
Thank you for the insight! I'll remember that for the future

· Registered
94 Posts
Product Font Material property Screenshot Technology
Let your driver know it's gonna be multiple stops at first. Fares will be split equally and can't be divided based on distance. All your friends will need the Uber app installed and you should have them on your contact list or enter the phone number.
First request a ride and once the driver shows up change the address one by one. It won't be that hard. Don't expect the driver to load and unload your luggage. And finally no you cannot tip in the app.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.