Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just completed my first weekend driving Uber in STL. It was pretty good. I have to resist the urge to not chase a surge. I am still trying to find the best places to hang out as it seems like downtown gets flooded very quickly. I had pickup from Molly's this late Friday and drover pax down to somewhere off Meramec bottom rd down 55 South. Anyway, Surge was on, nice big fat fair of $104.36 which has yet to post to my earnings. I can see it in trip history. My question is, have you guys seen this? I googled it and it said sometimes Uber reviews fares. I am wondering if pax complained as they seemed shocked when I dropped them off that it was that much. Then I had to try and explain Surge pricing to 4 very inebriated people at 2am. I tried to make it very clear that we as a driver do not set the rates, surge is based on demand, etc. I also thought that the Uber rider app, indicated when a surge was in effect? I have not used Uber as a rider so I don't know. Any thoughts? Anyone else experience this? Happy Trails.

Ryan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found a spot on Uber's web page to report the missing fare. Got the auto-reply that they are investigating.

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
I see the surging on the rider app and I believe they have to acknowledge the surge prices to request a ride. I haven't used Uber yet because they haven't opened where I live yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the confirmation. Makes sense I guess, just to make sure there is not some type of fraud going on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got another one. Guy wanted to go home from Soulard to Florissant in a 2.9 surge. I think it will correct itself in a day or two. I was morevthanhslly to drive him there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, $150.12. Although, I think he dropped my rating from a 4.86 to a 4.81. It's weird, in summary view it says 4.81 @ 30 day view. but in the app it says 4.86 still. I have noticed that the summary view changes based on day selection b/c it's limiting your trips. He did not throw a fit. I completed the trip, dropped him off and said payment is taken care of through the app, and away I went. He was used to $80/cab rides home. He was complaining about those on the way up. Which I responded with Uber is generally cheaper, unless it is during peak demand and surge pricing, then it can get expensive. Trying to soften the blow so to speak. I sure hope the Cards can make a series of it and bring game 5 back at Busch. I am definitely riding the baseball train.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't see how people can be surprised about how much a fare is going to be when the app gives them an estimate when they put in all the info for where they are and where they want to go. It tells them if there is a surge and what it is and how much that will effect the price of fare. Seems people either are not paying attention or just want to complain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts