Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I wanna talk about fare adjustment I got last week and didnt know such thing existed.
I picked up this guy from the city and dropped him off at Oatley inc the surge.
The trip lasted about 40 mins and my fare was about $88. The next day the payout was adjusted and I got $17.
It was the most ridiculous payout for what I did for that trip. Even without the surge its 40-50 right?
How can they assume that 17$ was enough for that trip when the distance and time was way beyond that?

Has anyone had this kinda experience? I complained to Uber and will complain till its acceptable.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
That is NOT unusual unfortunately. I had a noshow paid to me then removed without informing me!!:mad:
Fare adjustments can happen either from the driver (rare) or the pax (more common).
Pax can (falsely) complain and two things will happen, pax will get a reduction or complete refund and you get reduced income.
Uber tend to side with pax and not inform you.

One popular pax excuse is 'bad route'.
https://uber-movement.squarespace.com/bad-route-or-lack-of-city-knowledge/?rq=Fare

ricdam is 100% correct, your only way forward is to contact Uber, preferably visit their office, and find out. Expect them NOT to tell you what the pax said. Be prepared to argue your case, pleasantly.

You can adjust pax rating via the app.;)

Some fares are just not.....Fair......:rolleyes:

·
Read Only
274 Posts
Hi guys I wanna talk about fare adjustment I got last week and didnt know such thing existed.
I picked this guy up from city on and dropped him off at Oatley inc the surge.
The trip lasted about 40 mins and my fare was about $88. The next day the payout was adjusted and I got $17.
It is the most ridiculous payout for what I did for that trip. Even without the surge 40-50 right?
How can they assume that 17$ was enough for that trip when the distance and time is way beyond that?

Has anyone had this kinda experience? I complained to Uber and will complain till its acceptable.
That's harsh...I didn't know Uber Pax can even do a fare adjustment. Yeah I would be complaining at the office about it. There's no way city to Oatley is $17, unless uber thought Oatley Road in Paddington which could be about 15-20 from the city centre

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I picked this guy up from city on and dropped him off at Oatley inc the surge.
It is the most ridiculous payout for what I did for that trip. Even without the surge 40-50 right?
How can they assume that 17$ was enough for that trip when the distance and time is way beyond that?

you say trip was "about 40mins" ... but just curious what does your account online say about that trip in terms of exact DURATION & DISTANCE TRAVELLED? from that you (and Uber) can work out the fare plus any surge ... (40mins plus the flag fall will get you to about $18 already without figuring in any km calculation!!) BUT you need to check what trip statistics are actually recorded for the trip by checking online account under trip summaries OR statements .... did you check the map display also to see the pickup and dropoff points are correct? just curious if you have done those checks before storming into Uber office ...if you have, then storm away ...

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
In theory the only fare adjustment that reduce driver's money is due to a bad route done by the driver... In theory...

·
Registered
361 Posts
By NSW law uber is not allowed to take money out of your account wothout notification to the party involved. And the party involved must give permission for uber to go ahead and take money out. Its also in ubers teems and conditions that they can not take money out but because most people dont read terms no one argues this point.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys just an update I finally got a reply from Uber and they are going to re-imburse the original payout.
Didn't say what was the reason but problem solved.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well Uber lost a billion$ in China recently & they need to keep profits up in competition with the Commonwealth Bank of Aust so occasionally they will raid drivers accounts to get their money... + they don't want you earning enough so that you can stop driving - have to keep the drivers poor.... :cool:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I heard about that. Well what ever they are planned to do, it is not right to adjust a fare in an inappropriate way so your loss is greater than the actual profit. In another words, you should get paid fair enough for what you did for that trip and no loss because at the end of the day we are all trying to make everyone happy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Every time I take a surge fare, take a route different to what uber says, collect a cancellation or no show fee I take a screen shot.
I then check them against the ride history after I receive my payment statement.
Uber will adjust your fare at a whim based on what pax say, without telling you. You can't trust them... I've had my fare amended back after complaining several times.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes I did and I got it back on my next payout. Mate you should monitor your fares because I only found out while I was looking at my fares cus I always go through them the next day to see how many surge and trips I did. Beware!
Uber dont tell you about the fare adustment. Its all up to you.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And did they say why they made the adjustment? Should have a reason
No not really. first they said: "Thanks for reaching out , and we're sorry to hear that. Happy to help though.
Then I gave the information regarding the trip inc pick up location, drop location and time spent for the whole trip.
Couple of days later they replied: "Thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate your honesty.
The fare has been adjusted to the correct amount of -------.
And thats it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts