Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started noticing this a lot more frequently in my delivery area. Offers being sent with pickups I should have no business being interested in because they are so far away. Anyone who goes to pick these up are idiots.

I would rather sit and park in my core delivery area full of restaurants, then drive 10+ miles to another core with a bunch of restaurants to pick up. These types of offers were not a huge deal when gas was $1.80/gallon but now that gas is more than double that, you will realize that you will be burning more gas at the end of the day if you keep accepting and doing these delivery offers.

So choose your core delivery area, if you haven't already, and stick to your guns and not take these money losing deliveries. Now, you get an offer to go from your core to another core, it is really your option to go back to your home core or shut down and hang out in the core you were taken to. If you decide to hang out in the core you were taken to, the same applies.

Don't let these platforms send you far away when you are in an area with restaurants and orders coming in. The restaurants not having orders ready is not your problem. I notice that most of these farther pickups are either restaurants with an enterprise account and they are a large corporate chain, or they are restaurants that are notorious for stating on the tablet or automatically set on their account for their orders to be ready, prematurely, so that drivers are purposely dispatched early so that orders do not wait at their restaurant. Which is a WHOLE other topic to discuss on another day.

· Premium Member
Difficult. Duchess of Decline, Splendida Sarcasmus
3,294 Posts
I’ve been whining about this for months. I even called UE and complained. There is no way I’m going 8-12 miles for a pickup. And these offers also tend to be low, as peoole frequently live within 1-2 miles of the restaurant. They’re not bad offers for someone who’s there already. They’re ridiculous if I need to drive 10 miles to pickup.

It’s maddening!!!

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I’ve been whining about this for months. I even called UE and complained. There is no way I’m going 8-12 miles for a pickup. And these offers also tend to be low, as people frequently live within 1-2 miles of the restaurant. They’re not bad offers for someone who’s there already. They’re ridiculous if I need to drive 10 miles to pickup.

It’s maddening!!!
👏🙌 Preach!

Part of it as well, I think, is a baiting game. These enterprise account restaurants NEED available drivers. Their method of thinking (well the system's) is hopefully, if you head over there, there will be more drivers in the area to help them with deliveries and the drivers will be happy because they will have more deliveries. Oh yea! Real happy. So we drive all the way over there, stay around after, and are rewarded with more $3 and $4 offers. No thanks. I will stay in my core area where people actually tip. Thank you very much.

I am making a new post just for this BUT on this topic, I will say the biggest offender is Chikfila here, where I am. My core delivery area is a Chikfila black hole, thankfully. Now, personally, I like Chikfila. What I DO NOT like about Chikfila are the so-so workers (usually entitled brats that don't need a job) who "my pleasure you" all day long and under the sun when you walk in as a customer, then, turn around and treat a delivery driver walking in the door like garbage.

A lot of my far away offers have been Chikfila going local to there, not my core. Which already tells me that people do not like picking up there and that is no surprise. In my previous core area, I had many Chikfila's and all of them were a pain in the ass.

What is making me anxious, and not in a good way, is some idiot millionaire just entered a franchise agreement with Chickfila to open a location in a small strip mall with NO DRIVE THRU. It is being worked on as we speak, at the time of this comment. It should be open in March or April. I think you already know, especially with no drive thru, how that is going to affect my core delivery area, which is full of well-to-dos and college students. 😩

· Premium Member
3,294 Posts
👏🙌 Preach!

Part of it as well, I think, is a baiting game. These enterprise account restaurants NEED available drivers. Their method of thinking (well the system's) is hopefully, if you head over there, there will be more drivers in the area to help them with deliveries and the drivers will be happy because they will have more deliveries. Oh yea! Real happy. So we drive all the way over there, stay around after, and are rewarded with more $3 and $4 offers. No thanks. I will stay in my core area where people actually tip. Thank you very much.

I am making a new post just for this BUT on this topic, I will say the biggest offender is Chikfila here, where I am. Mu core delivery area is a Chikfila black hole, thankfully. Now, personally, I like Chikfila. What I DO NOT like about Chikfila are the so-so workers (usually entitled brats that don't need a job) who "my pleasure you" all day long and under the sun when you walk in as a customer, then, turn around and treat a delivery driver walking in the door like garbage.

A lot of my far away offers have been Chikfila going local to there, not my core. Which already tells me that people do not like picking up there and that is no surprise. In my previous core area, I had many Chikfila's and all of them were a pain in the ass.

What is making me anxious, and not in a good way, is some idiot millionaire just entered a franchise agreement with Chickfila to open a location in a small strip mall with NO DRIVE THRU. It is being worked on as we speak, at the time of this comment. It should be open in March or April. I think you already know, especially with no drive thru, how that is going to affect my core delivery area, which is full of well-to-dos and college students. 😩
Same conclusion. They’re hearding us. Moving to areas we clearly do not want to be.

I’m going to call them and say I always have pork in my car, because pork is all I can eat. And buy a bacon-scented perfume. 😂

· Premium Member
4,230 Posts
👏🙌 Preach!

I am making a new post just for this BUT on this topic, I will say the biggest offender is Chikfila here, where I am. My core delivery area is a Chikfila black hole, thankfully. Now, personally, I like Chikfila. What I DO NOT like about Chikfila are the so-so workers (usually entitled brats that don't need a job) who "my pleasure you" all day long and under the sun when you walk in as a customer, then, turn around and treat a delivery driver walking in the door like garbage.

You really are into bashing chik fil a today aren’t you? 🥳

· Premium Member
4,230 Posts
Same conclusion. They’re hearding us. Moving to areas we clearly do not want to be.

I’m going to call them and say I always have pork in my car, because pork is all I can eat. And buy a bacon-scented perfume. 😂
I’m going to start throwing matzoh balls at you every time you crack a Jew joke 🥳

· Premium Member
3,294 Posts
How about gefilte fish instead? 🤔
Yuck. My Mom loved it though. Homemade, of course.

No, sablefish for me. I can also do forshmak, but sablefish FTW. I’ll totally play a trained seal if you throw sablefish at me. Don’t even bother with the challah (but sablefish on challah would be ideal).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts