Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Friday folks!!

What has been your most frequently asked question from a rider?

Few that I get asked by almost every passenger who engages in a conversation:

1) How long have you been driving Uber? - Quality assurance measure?
2) Do you like it?
3) Do you get crazy passengers? - Curious to hear juicy gossip?
4) Why do you do Uber?

How about you?

·
Registered
46 Posts
All of the above. I tend to then ask the passenger how often they use Uber, how have the other Uber drivers been and condition of their cars. More just to keep them engaged and chatting which they seem to appreciate. They are always quick to tell me stories of their worst Uber drivers. I figure it's good to know so I don't make those mistakes.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
It won't be too much longer till the novelty wears off and passengers just start treating UberX and it's drivers like a discount taxi service. They won't be showing that interest nor asking those questions. Enjoy it while it lasts.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yes it makes you feel particularly respected (not) when the 3 or 4 pax carrying on important conversations with no thought of including you.
I know it shouldn't, but it really pisses me off. Its usually mid age to older easties or mosman area pax.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Uber promote UberX as riding with you new best friend, but in reality you're providing a discount taxi service. Why would you feel affronted if the passengers don't include you in their private conversation?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Uber promote UberX as riding with you new best friend, but in reality you're providing a discount taxi service. Why would you feel affronted if the passengers don't include you in their private conversation?
I dunno, I guess i'm just a complicated guy. I do think it is a little rude. They are in my car and paying a much lower rate for a better service than most much more expensive hire car services. So no, they cant carry on their private convo in front of me. We are not a chauffeur or hire car service, we are rideshare. Go and pay the big bucks for your private ignoring the driver conversations.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I am happy with people asking a question as a conversation starter but I have no intention of telling people my life story nor my income. Therefore, i usually make up stories.

I just worry if one day I get the same passenger who remembers me and I tell him or her a completely different story than the previous time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts