Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber claims it calculates acceptance rates and declines based on your "past 500 trip requests."

My current acceptance rate declined in the past 2 days from 70% to 40%. I've declined maybe 12 rides, 15 max in the past 2 days, each time my acceptance rate declines 2% per missed request. To decline by 30% on 500 requests means I'd have had to decline/ignore 150 rides in a row, with no accepted rides.

Cancelled Trips: Again, they claim they rate you on cancellations over your past 500 trips. I've cancelled maybe 5-10 trips since I started driving. One of the cancellations was Friday night...a no show. My cancellation rate went from 8% to 10% with one cancellation. If they really calculated it over 500 trips, it would take 5 cancellations in a row to get a 1% increase. I went up 2% for once cancellation.

UBER lies about the math. The numbers are made up.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm pretty sure the numbers on your ratings screen are only based on the last 50 trips. Every time I decline a request my percentage drops by 2 points. It comes back up pretty quickly too, but I average 100 trips/week.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure the numbers on your ratings screen are only based on the last 50 trips.
Yeah...that's the RIGHT math. So why does Uber claim it's all based on your most recent 500 trips/trip requests? The difference is so obvious they have to KNOW a few drivers will figure out they are lying.

·
Registered
603 Posts
He used to work for Initech. Now he programs for Uber!

"I must've put a decimal point in the wrong place or something…I always do that. I always mess up some mundane detail."

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Uber claims it calculates acceptance rates and declines based on your "past 500 trip requests."

My current acceptance rate declined in the past 2 days from 70% to 40%. I've declined maybe 12 rides, 15 max in the past 2 days, each time my acceptance rate declines 2% per missed request. To decline by 30% on 500 requests means I'd have had to decline/ignore 150 rides in a row, with no accepted rides.

Cancelled Trips: Again, they claim they rate you on cancellations over your past 500 trips. I've cancelled maybe 5-10 trips since I started driving. One of the cancellations was Friday night...a no show. My cancellation rate went from 8% to 10% with one cancellation. If they really calculated it over 500 trips, it would take 5 cancellations in a row to get a 1% increase. I went up 2% for once cancellation.

I think it has nothing to do with the number of trips , I think it's a weekly thing , but the difference is you start a new week with what you had from last week , just guessing

·
Registered
385 Posts
This is also the app that takes four hours to calculate a fare, can't show the same number on two different screens, and frequently tells me I've been online for times like 3 hours and 96 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it has nothing to do with the number of trips , I think it's a weekly thing , but the difference is you start a new week with what you had from last week , just guessing
Then why does Uber say it's calculated on your last 500 trips?

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Monday Night Update: I continued to drive the way I preferred and the numbers are hysterical. Completed 6 trips in 3.5 hours. Had 4 "official" cancellations by riders (surge pricing) and got zero pay for it. Had 4-5 more that cancelled within 30 seconds of me accepting and were not recorded. I cancelled zero rides. I declined roughly 30 rides, nearly all from the airport.
  • Drove the length of Glenwood to 440 during 1.5x surge and declined 15 or 16 straight requests from the Airport 15-20 mins away (no surge).
  • Drove I40 EAST in S. Raleigh during "surge" and declined another 10-12 requests back to back from the airport 18-21 mins away.
  • Declining most rides dropped my "acceptance" rate from 40% to 24% in under an hour. Declining rides repeatedly for the next 2 hours dropped it from 24% to 22%.
  • Magically, by declining dozens of rides, my "cancelation rate" dropped from 10% to 2% in one night (theoretically requiring me to complete enough trips to clear 30 "cancels" off my 500 list.
Uber's driver stats are a fiction.
Uber on

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Monday Night Update: I continued to drive the way I preferred and the numbers are hysterical. Completed 6 trips in 3.5 hours. Had 4 "official" cancellations by riders (surge pricing) and got zero pay for it. Had 4-5 more that cancelled within 30 seconds of me accepting and were not recorded. I cancelled zero rides. I declined roughly 30 rides, nearly all from the airport.
  • Drove the length of Glenwood to 440 during 1.5x surge and declined 15 or 16 straight requests from the Airport 15-20 mins away (no surge).
  • Drove I40 EAST in S. Raleigh during "surge" and declined another 10-12 requests back to back from the airport 18-21 mins away.
  • Declining most rides dropped my "acceptance" rate from 40% to 24% in under an hour. Declining rides repeatedly for the next 2 hours dropped it from 24% to 22%.
  • Magically, by declining dozens of rides, my "cancelation rate" dropped from 10% to 2% in one night (theoretically requiring me to complete enough trips to clear 30 "cancels" off my 500 list.
Uber's driver stats are a fiction.
Uber on
Where are you getting 500 from?

Your ratings are based on the last 500 rated trips. your acceptance % is based on your last 50 pings.

Is simple mathematics, it's not difficult.

Sometimes when you let a ping expire (do not accept) you are knocking another ignored ping off the list so your % will not change. If your acceptance rate is only 24% there is a 76% chance of yourain rate not changing on an ignored ping.

I'm all for calling out Uber but there is no conspiracy here.

·
Premium Member
9,447 Posts
Where are you getting 500 from?

Your ratings are based on the last 500 rated trips. your acceptance % is based on your last 50 pings.

Is simple mathematics, it's not difficult.

Sometimes when you let a ping expire (do not accept) you are knocking another ignored ping off the list so your % will not change. If your acceptance rate is only 24% there is a 76% chance of yourain rate not changing on an ignored ping.

I'm all for calling out Uber but there is no conspiracy here.
While correct, I believe there are some errors going on because either they are reporting things late or making some mistakes. I've had my acceptance rate jump 6% from one call to the next. If they were doing it corrctly and keeping up with it then it would be a change of 2% per ride max. Whatever the case, just another example of half assed operations by what should be a reputable company. Given that IT is their business, they should have a much better handle on in AND have better written policy, documentation and training for drivers. Instead, it's laughable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
They probably calculate your rates in batches so it updates every few hours/pings. Your rate only changes 2% max per ping, but several pings can be calculated at once.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts

Excellent observation. You know why they lie? It's because they think we're peasants.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went from 100% to 75% while sitting in line at Cookout with pax on a Saturday at 2a. They did the 2 routes as suggested so Uber thought they were dropping off there. I didn't accept 2 calls in a 5 mi it's ride and it went down 25%. The next day I needed gas and my eyes aren't the best to go in and "not accept new calls" while I'm driving so I just ignored it and it went down to 65%. Last 500 trip, nope. Last 100 trips, nope. I'd have to say they base mine off the last 10 trips.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I think there's another bug in the system with the # of 5 star rides, cancelation and acceptance rates. Everytime there's an update for the app, there seems to be more problems.

Not to menton, anyone notice that the Airport Queue pops up when your just 1-2 miles from the PNC Arena? Lol!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts