Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you ever nod off at the wheel while driving?

• Yes, I stop immediately.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Yes, but I finish my shift.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • No, never!

Votes: 30 65.2%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t be the only one. Thank goodness it has never been with a pax.

Do you guys go home early? I do, but I always feel like a lazy failure. I can’t go around putting others at risk though. I also can’t afford to end every shift early.

·
Super Moderator
6,217 Posts
I can't be the only one. Thank goodness it has never been with a pax.

Do you guys go home early? I do, but I always feel like a lazy failure. I can't go around putting others at risk though. I also can't afford to end every shift early.
Instead of going home, have you tried pulling over somewhere, reclining your seat, and taking a short nap?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I've had it happen with pax. Fortunately they didn't notice.
Long trip and it just hit me.

There were a few scary moments. :(:eek:
Same here 2 hr ride @3am to South Jersey in premium mode...I asked pax if i could crash in his driveway because I would have never made it back, he said I could sleep it off in a spare room in his 6-7k sq ft house....I was reluctant because I saw Get Out lol I grabbed a guest room for 1 hr and bounced immediately after I recharged my batteries. He left $40 tip in app next morning :D win/win

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
Instead of going home, have you tried pulling over somewhere, reclining your seat, and taking a short nap?
Yeah, I'll snap myself out of it if I'm not on a ride.
I'll get out and do some push ups, walk around, get something to eat, etc.

But when it hits during a ride...

·
Premium Member
12,151 Posts
That's what cruise control is for.

I was following behind some dummy that was doing 55 in the fast lane, and so were the other lanes. He was gumming it all up.
I saw him look into his rear view mirror and I put my chin on my chest and squinted my eyes ... he looked twice, his eyes got round ... and he changed lanes -- FAST.
Thought I was asleep.
LoL

·
Registered
147 Posts
Same here 2 hr ride @3am to South Jersey in premium mode...I asked pax if i could crash in his driveway because I would have never made it back, he said I could sleep it off in a spare room in his 6-7k sq ft house....I was reluctant because I saw Get Out lol I grabbed a guest room for 1 hr and bounced immediately after I recharged my batteries. He left $40 tip in app next morning :D win/win
How it should of went:

Same here 2 hr ride @3am to South Jersey in premium mode...I asked pax if i could crash in his driveway because I would have never made it back, he said I could sleep it off in a spare room in his 6-7k sq ft house....I was reluctant because I saw Get Out lol I grabbed a guest room for 1 hr and bounced immediately after I recharged my batteries. He left $200 tip in app next morning and thanked me for the hour. :D win/win

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I started my Friday and Saturday nights at 9pm and usually go until 4am or 5am....not once have I fallen asleep or even drowsy at the wheel.

Every time I start, there are 2 ice teas sitting in my cup holders every night I hit the road.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
I nod off when there is Jack and Coke involved.

I swerved this one time and got pulled over. I told the ossifer I was trying to avoid the red light camera. I needed to get home to wash my shirt of all the Jack Daniels my GF spilled on it.

;)I got off, true story!:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
I nod off when there is Jack and Coke involved.

I swerved this one time and got pulled over. I told the ossifer I was trying to avoid the red light camera. I needed to get home to wash my shirt of all the Jack Daniels my GF spilled on it.

;)I got off, true story!:confused:
When did you get off? Right then, or after you got home? :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I generally pack it in after the first heavy yawn. I don't know about all of you but I get small yawns with AC blowing in my face. But when I get that real yawn and I am more than 30 minutes from home I'll DF and head back.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts