Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I've doing Uber for 3 years now and I'm planning to go to Fall river due to Family out there can an Uber Driver make $800a week at least !!! Full time of course!!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Don't quote me but I think Fall River would fall under the Providence market. When I started this gig I lived in Taunton, about 17 miles north of Fall River. Lyft considered me in the Providence market. The Providence market pays a lot less than the Boston market per mile/min. But going back and forth to Boston from Fall River is a lot of dead miles. I'd check the Providence forum to see what guys do there.

·
Registered
911 Posts
So if I have my account to the Boston area can I also fo fall river??
Fall River is in Massachusetts, so you should be able to drive in Boston. However it is right on the Rhode Island border and a stone's throw from Providence. So unless they give you a choice, you will technically be listed as a Providence driver. That wouldn't stop you from being able to drive in Boston though (There are Rhode Island Uber/Lyft drivers all over the place in Boston)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Fall river is boston market. Incentives in boston market also apply in ri if you want to do it there

This is from uber perspective. I dont know about lyft. i never did a lyft ride in south shore area or in rhode island for incentives

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Why would anyone want to live or drive in fall river. If you have to live there you should still target Boston market. Maybe you can do Uber eats from McDonalds all day in Fall River

Hi guys I've doing Uber for 3 years now and I'm planning to go to Fall river due to Family out there can an Uber Driver make $800a week at least !!! Full time of course!!!!

Thanks!!!
If you drive full time in Boston you should have no problem making $1k net per week. Fall River no clue.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Why would anyone want to live or drive in fall river. If you have to live there you should still target Boston market. Maybe you can do Uber eats from McDonalds all day in Fall River

If you drive full time in Boston you should have no problem making $1k net per week. Fall River no clue.
some people like to live with there own people

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
My, have times changed. What was truly great comedy back in the 70s, is considered an outrage in these times.

As for the OP, before you drive in Massachusetts you need to have Uber submit you for a background clearance check with MA DPU. That is an in depth driving and criminal record check. If you have any motor vehicle or other issues that required you to go to court in Massachusetts, they will come up in the check and could prevent you from driving in Massachusetts for uber.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Their own people? You sound like Archie bunker lol.

lol one of my favorites right there! but ya it's true people want to live with there own people. I'll give you an example my father is dominican settled in lawrence when he came here. it's all the same people it's easier to adjust. even now we dont live in there anymore but we still find our way back every week. where else can he go and drink dominican beer, speak native language, and listen to dominican music in a restaurant. it's the same thing in fall river. Portuguese are big in the area, they feel at home. it's also a pride thing if you grew up there. I know some old whites that grew up and now the neighborhood is bad but they dont care they said crime isnt going to run me out of my home. which is rare but some people do stay even if they arent the majority race. I think the answer is to stop running away from an area you lived in and move to a white area to escape it. and I'm not trying to argue either John I understand where your coming from.

My, have times changed. What was truly great comedy back in the 70s, is considered an outrage in these times.

As for the OP, before you drive in Massachusetts you need to have Uber submit you for a background clearance check with MA DPU. That is an in depth driving and criminal record check. If you have any motor vehicle or other issues that required you to go to court in Massachusetts, they will come up in the check and could prevent you from driving in Massachusetts for uber.
that's sad! still some outlets still have that frame of comedy! this is why I love Dave Chappelle!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fall river is boston market. Incentives in boston market also apply in ri if you want to do it there

This is from uber perspective. I dont know about lyft. i never did a lyft ride in south shore area or in rhode island for incentives
I live in North Attleboro and if I let the fares lead me I end up in RI as often as I do going to Boston. Fares pay less but they still counted towards incentives on both platforms. But like a million others have said in other threads, you have to learn when to drive because the patterns are way different. Also there is Woonsocket, the cesspool of RI. Surges at weird times, and lots of short trips unless you get some of the people who work for CVS. I do a lot of Logan runs from there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts