Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed on for the first time in almost two months since the rates were slashed, but only did so to remain active. My plan was to take one trip (if one would come in) and then go silent again until the rates go back up when I may drive again on a regular basis. Shortly after I signed on, I get a trip request from "ROBERT", not to far from where I was.

The trip was almost immediately canceled by "ROBERT", but a text came in, presumably from him, right after the request and said "*my name*, if you haven't done the math, this is a 52% decrease in mileage rate, 47% in base fare, 28% in per minute rate and 30% decrease in minimum fare. Volume will not make up for this!"

I'm well aware of this. That is why I quit driving. I'm not happy with Uber. But I do have to say it is ignorant and stupid to use Uber's system to send a message of this nature. They could sue "ROBERT", and they would win.

A short time late, I got a legitimate trip which I took from near me to downtown Davenport. A lousy $4.36 net, before gas and other vehicle expenses of course. 10.9 miles round trip.

A few blocks from where I dropped the legit fair off, once again I got a ping which I accepted as it was close. Turns out if was from "ROBERT", same game as the earlier trip, text, cancellation and all. Three more requests came in about 20 seconds, but I switched off. Done driving for the time being.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Actually that was a lie, you *****ed and complained like a ***** bro. Guess what, they reactivated my driving account lol! So, yeah man. Uber does not care about any of you!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I just signed on for the first time in almost two months since the rates were slashed, but only did so to remain active. My plan was to take one trip (if one would come in) and then go silent again until the rates go back up when I may drive again on a regular basis.
Look on the bright side, he could have let you drive for 4 minutes before he cancelled. You don't get paid, he doesn't get charged. And I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the rates to go back up.....................

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just signed on for the first time in almost two months since the rates were slashed, but only did so to remain active. My plan was to take one trip (if one would come in) and then go silent again until the rates go back up when I may drive again on a regular basis. Shortly after I signed on, I get a trip request from "ROBERT", not to far from where I was.

The trip was almost immediately canceled by "ROBERT", but a text came in, presumably from him, right after the request and said "*my name*, if you haven't done the math, this is a 52% decrease in mileage rate, 47% in base fare, 28% in per minute rate and 30% decrease in minimum fare. Volume will not make up for this!"

I'm well aware of this. That is why I quit driving. I'm not happy with Uber. But I do have to say it is ignorant and stupid to use Uber's system to send a message of this nature. They could sue "ROBERT", and they would win.

A short time late, I got a legitimate trip which I took from near me to downtown Davenport. A lousy $4.36 net, before gas and other vehicle expenses of course. 10.9 miles round trip.

A few blocks from where I dropped the legit fair off, once again I got a ping which I accepted as it was close. Turns out if was from "ROBERT", same game as the earlier trip, text, cancellation and all. Three more requests came in about 20 seconds, but I switched off. Done driving for the time being.
that guy was everywhere "Robert", I reported him

1 - 6 of 6 Posts