Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2x surge at airport. Get in queue, 8th in line, as soon as I hit 2, surge gone. Happens almost every time now. Nice game they are playing. Show surge to get people in the queue and then not actually get them a surge ride

·
Registered
350 Posts
I do think Uber uses deceptive tactics as evidenced by the confirmed use of Greyball in attached article: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/03/uber_app_greyball/

But chasing surges rarely works and they are designed to attract other drivers and thereby kill the surge.
By the time you work your way down the que there are dozens of new drivers in que behind you or the drivers before you in sue took care of excess requests.

Those that are sitting in the middle of a red hot surge and get a request from within the surge at regular x rates have legit beef.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it's never working my way to the queue, it's me being in the queue for 20 minutes with a surge magically disappearing as soon as it hits 2 cars.. it happens every time right at the same point. I'm not chasing anything, it surges I'm there it magically disappears once I hit car 2.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well it's never working my way to the queue, it's me being in the queue for 20 minutes with a surge magically disappearing as soon as it hits 2 cars.. it happens every time right at the same point. I'm not chasing anything, it surges I'm there it magically disappears once I hit car 2.
My point is that if you are in que for 20 minutes with surge to get to the #2 position there are dozens of cars that have been attracted to the surge in que behind you, this killing the Surge.
I have seen the Surge end a number of times while I have been in que but it hasn't always been at #2.
But I have also gotten an airport surge many times so I know it exists.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I get them too. I just mean lately it has surged a lot and I've been in the thick of it and nothing. But that is pretty normal, Im in a surge area a lot by where I live and I almost always get a ping outside of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts