Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your new to uber, take a deep breath and exhale. When it comes to receiving a poor rating only 10% at best are legitimate. You must take into account that you are dealing with the public. And for someone who has completed over 1000 rides, my rating when I began sank to 4.65 right out of the gate but since then it fluxuates between 4.85 & 4.89 based on your last 500 completed rides, so 85-89 rides found me satisfactory and I do not open doors unless elderly, I do not give out water or treats (when asked for water I say uber has not sent my weekly shipment) so I use the numbers below as an example of what your dealing with.

80%- are low maintenance , simply want to get to their destination in safe timely manner.
15%- are oblivious and have no clue, they are not bad people but simply thick as a brick.
05.%- these are the ones who look down upon you and want uber black service at uber X rates
and no matter if you give them water, it's not the right water. aka "deuches bags"
It's simple on your first day with uber, begin planning for your last day

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
If your new to uber, take a deep breath and exhale. When it comes to receiving a poor rating only 10% at best are legitimate. You must take into account that you are dealing with the public. And for someone who has completed over 1000 rides, my rating when I began sank to 4.65 right out of the gate but since then it fluxuates between 4.85 & 4.89 based on your last 500 completed rides, so 85-89 rides found me satisfactory and I do not open doors unless elderly, I do not give out water or treats (when asked for water I say uber has not sent my weekly shipment) so I use the numbers below as an example of what your dealing with.

80%- are low maintenance , simply want to get to their destination in safe timely manner.
15%- are oblivious and have no clue, they are not bad people but simply thick as a brick.
05.%- these are the ones who look down upon you and want uber black service at uber X rates
and no matter if you give them water, it's not the right water. aka "deuches bags"
Well said. I'm almost a month into uber and this rating system is flawed big time. Its almost as if the riders use it as a weapon against the drivers. The female riders are killing me. God forbid they are mad at their man or passed off in general I know in screwed.

I read somewhere once you get to over 100 rated trips the drop off in ratings isn't as bad, is that true?

·
Premium Member
4,032 Posts

The Über has not sent me my shipment line made me lol.

I think it's more than 5% than are deuce bags based on my opinion.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Your ratings do stabilize once you get a few hundred under your belt. If you're doing a good job things should balance out around 4.9

Post college age adults tend to rate a little better and time of day factors in too. Drunk any-year-olds rate lower than sober folk.

Uber doesn't do a good job educating pax what ratings standards are, many don't realize that giving a 4 reflects poorly upon the driver. Without any semblance of ratings guidelines it is a bunk ratings system. Ignore your rating unless you start getting nastygrams from Uber.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
It's the Ü -X demographic. Not one I'm too keen on.
Your ratings do stabilize once you get a few hundred under your belt. If you're doing a good job things should balance out around 4.9

Post college age adults tend to rate a little better and time of day factors in too. Drunk any-year-olds rate lower than sober folk.

Uber doesn't do a good job educating pax what ratings standards are, many don't realize that giving a 4 reflects poorly upon the driver. Without any semblance of ratings guidelines it is a bunk ratings system. Ignore your rating unless you start getting nastygrams from Uber.
Ah the phony b.s. Nastygrams from uber that shows just how stupid uber really is and malicious the passengers can be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts