Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
Same problem in my area for both McDonalds and Chick-fil-a. Some I can go into the lobby and get out quick, others are a must miss. Shouldn't be this hard.
I forgot to mention that even the ones where you get to understand the rules CHANGE the rules according to the manpower they have that particular night. Not enough people? Close the lobby, close the lobby early, etc.etc..

These are just part of the reason FF is usually a no go for me. For me to take a FF offer the payout has to be $8.50 or higher, a place with quick turnaround, and the offer has to be low miles. It's either a quick money, fast, low mileage delivery or a no go. My FF criteria eliminates 90% of FF offers! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Why are we even having this discussion ?
who in the right mind will do Ubereat delivery ?
You would be amazed. I used to feel the same way. Have to reject most trips but these days uber eats pays better than x if you know what you are doing at the right time of day. Roughly 15% of my trips are eats now and I'm easily grossing 30 an hour at the appropriate times. Another tool in the arsenal.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
I forgot to mention that even the ones where you get to understand the rules CHANGE the rules according to the manpower they have that particular night. Not enough people? Close the lobby, close the lobby early, etc.etc..

These are just part of the reason FF is usually a no go for me. For me to take a FF offer the payout has to be $8.50 or higher, a place with quick turnaround, and the offer has to be low miles. It's either a quick money, fast, low mileage delivery or a no go. My FF criteria eliminates 90% of FF offers! :ROFLMAO:
My criteria are similar. Fast pickup, average out to $30 an hour (ex. 7.50 for 15 minutes estimated) and over a buck a mile.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Do not pick up at Fast Food places for Uber unless it is order and go!

Here in the Houston region we have Cane’s and What a Burger which are order and go and it is quick but any other chain restaurant just forget it and let some other sucker take it!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
0​
0​
... I got a $22 ping at DellTaco and they had their 💩 together and had my order ready when I got there, and I didn’t have to go through their long ass drive thru.
Who the h3ll would pay $22 for a Del Taco? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I have no idea why at the top of my post, there are 2 textboxes, both with 0 in them.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Got a $15 ping at McDonald’s, got there pulled into the delivery driver parking spot, call them to let them know what order number and what spot I was parked in and the lady says “we don’t send our people outside after 10 PM you’ll need to go through the drive-thru”. Mind you the drive-through had probably 30 to 40 cars in it, I canceled and got the hell out of there. So F U McDonald’s
Out of several dozen McD’s that I’ve been to, i’ve only found 1 LOCATION that will being the food out to the driver late at night.

Sadly, you need to keep track of each location. Each franchise owner can have their own rules.

On the other hand I’ve noticed that Dairy Queen is pretty good about bringing food to you at the door so you don’t have to wait in line.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I had someone pay $27 for 3 fancy cold tea drinks. I don't know whether that's coming out of their pocket or uber is paying more to make it happen. Was happy to take the money for a25 minute trip.
That was likely a promotional offer to spend XYZ. So those three drinks were actually free, aside from the tip left for you.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
The OP didn’t prove anything other than a ‘mental win’. It’s not like Mcdonalds is like ‘Oh, we just a lost a driver because we didn’t bring the order outside....’The next driver scored that same delivery for a higher rate/payout.
What makes you think the next driver decided to wait in a drive-thru line with more 20 cars in it ? Or the next ? Or the next ? Or the next ?
Are you that ant ?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
I disagree. It is unreasonable to expect a delivery driver to wait 20 minutes to pick up an order.

Even worse. I had a large order to pick up at 3 am and I get there, wait 5, then get told, we are down while we switch over to breakfast.
who the hell is working those hours...geeez

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
If you have a legitimate gripe about McDonalds, you might try calling that phone number that they have posted at the drive thru window. I had about 3-4 complaints about them once. The person on the phone mailed me coupons for a couple free meals. I was sure to redeem the coupons when I was able to walk inside and receive prompt service.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
who the hell is working those hours...geeez
My dad asked me the same thing about late hours. Well I’ve done late night deliveries to hospital workers, construction crews, parking attendants, security guards, people working at places like 7-11 and Circle K, fire stations, etc.

Then again, there are tons of people at home who are afraid to go out late at night because of potential crimes that might be committed or simply because they have poor night vision or their partner/roommate has the car.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
You know what would be really nice is if they updated the app instructions for each restaurant for both UE and DD. Both apps have Carrabas, Taco Bell, Wendys and McDonalds wrong.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts