Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a $15 ping at McDonald’s, got there pulled into the delivery driver parking spot, call them to let them know what order number and what spot I was parked in and the lady says “we don’t send our people outside after 10 PM you’ll need to go through the drive-thru”. Mind you the drive-through had probably 30 to 40 cars in it, I canceled and got the hell out of there. So F U McDonald’s

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Why such a sour attitude? It is not in any way McDonald's fault, except for their popularity.

If you want to cancel because of the long wait time, then fine.

But no need to cop an attitude just because they have a policy of do not go outside after 10 PM.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I disagree. It is unreasonable to expect a delivery driver to wait 20 minutes to pick up an order.
Um, need reading glasses?

We are completely in agreement that it is unreasonable to have to wait for 20 minutes or longer for an order.

Maybe try rereading my post?

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Um, need reading glasses?

We are completely in agreement that it is unreasonable to have to wait for 20 minutes or longer for an order.

Maybe try rereading my post?
I think that I'm just arguing from a different perspective. What I'm trying to get at is that they should have a mechanism to take better care of drivers, people who are essentially working on their behalf. It annoys me that I have to go to the restaurant, wasting that time and mileage, to determine if it's worth it to complete the job. If I see a long line and no way to get in then I have to cancel and get nothing. Each store is different even within brands so net effect is now i don't accept them after 10pm unless I know for sure it's a quick pick up.

New drivers shouldn't have to go through this initiation of getting screwed over by the restaurants and Uber but I suppose that's the way of the world.

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
How is that McD's fault or issue to deal with? Seems the gig should know that kind of info and warn the driver.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
How is that McD's fault or issue to deal with? Seems the gig should know that kind of info and warn the driver.
I think it's both. They want the volume business that comes with uber eats but they are unwilling to go out of their way to service it. Uber isn't going to call them on it so driver gets pooped on in both directions.

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
They want the volume business that comes with uber eats
maybe/maybe not. Seems that McD is doing fine wo gigs. Plenty of folks getting their food on their own.

And it appears employee safety (and staffing) is more important than driver complaints and/or cancels.

betcha pretty quickly any drivers who do get pings there after 10pm are now informed and can act accordingly. Info is power.

Reactions: Fischer Fan

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First off, not a new driver, been doing this gig for 4 years. This just happened to be the first time I did DoorDash at night, after 10 PM.

secondly, it is McDonald’s fault because their DoorDash instructions say to park in a designated spot and call the freaking restaurant. There’s nothing in there about after 10 PM go through the drive-thru.

It’s ok though... as soon as I canceled I got a $22 ping at DellTaco and they had their 💩 together and had my order ready when I got there, and I didn’t have to go through their long ass drive thru.

·
Premium Member
58,412 Posts
Got a $15 ping at McDonald’s, got there pulled into the delivery driver parking spot, call them to let them know what order number and what spot I was parked in and the lady says “we don’t send our people outside after 10 PM you’ll need to go through the drive-thru”. Mind you the drive-through had probably 30 to 40 cars in it, I canceled and got the hell out of there. So F U McDonald’s

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I don't know why McDonald's doesn't just go to a automat format for deliveries. Throw the crap in a box outside or built into a wall, system dispatches once box is closed, driver puts in a code takes the food and goes. Have an assigned delivery prep area for high volume stores.

·
Premium Member
58,412 Posts
I don't know why McDonald's doesn't just go to a automat format for deliveries. Throw the crap in a box outside or built into a wall, system dispatches once box is closed, driver puts in a code takes the food and goes. Have an assigned delivery prep area for high volume stores.
They mix up orders at drive through ! That would be Complete Disaster !

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
They mix up orders at drive through ! That would be Complete Disaster !
Very good point. However, if they just focused on drive thru in one section and online orders in another I don't see a problem. In the rare instances I pick up from McD's the bags are sealed so I'd have no clue what was placed in the bag anyways. I don't know why they are still bothering with having a dining room might as well move to the Checker/Rally's concept. Most McDonald's by me have dirty dining rooms and it's a homeless/meth hangout spot. I'd rather eat my Big Mac in my car or at home.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
The OP didn’t prove anything other than a ‘mental win’. It’s not like Mcdonalds is like ‘Oh, we just a lost a driver because we didn’t bring the order outside....’The next driver scored that same delivery for a higher rate/payout.
I agree with you on this.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
This is NOT a McDonalds issue. It is a franchise issue.
The main Mac in my area used to be horrible. It was hit and miss.
It was sold, and since then, first of all, the inside is open 24/7, and pickups are NEVER NEVER late. They may be just in time, but NEVER late.
They give coupons for free drinks and fries to the delivery people.
And of course, their bathrooms are as clean as any I have ever seen.

Yesterday, I waited 15 minutes in a Sonic drivethru. At the end of that time, my pickup turned late, the same car was still at the window, I backed up, cancelled, and left.
Fortunately, at this place, there is enough room for you to get out of line and leave.

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
betcha pretty quickly any drivers who do get pings there after 10pm are now informed and can act accordingly. Info is power.
The problem with McDonalds is every one of them does it differently with different rules. I rarely do Mickey D's orders but all four in my market have totally different rules about how they operate. Each time I do decide to take an offer from them I have to try to remember which rules/procedures this one has, what time the lobby closes, etc.etc.. NEVER going to wait in line at a drive thru.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
The problem with McDonalds is every one of them does it differently with different rules. I rarely do Mickey D's orders but all four in my market have totally different rules about how they operate. Each time I do decide to take an offer from them I have to try to remember which rules/procedures this one has, what time the lobby closes, etc.etc.. NEVER going to wait in line at a drive thru.
Same problem in my area for both McDonalds and Chick-fil-a. Some I can go into the lobby and get out quick, others are a must miss. Shouldn't be this hard.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I had that problem with Taco Bell, but now all of them have dine in open. The problem now is that they close their lobbies at different times.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts