Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired the Green Pass, it's NJ EZ-Pass for hybrid vehicles. They are giving about 10 to 20% off off peak times in all NJ/NY bridges, tunnels, turpike, parkway discounts.. I belive in-order to qualify for green pass, you vehicle must get 45 mpg. All you have to do is fax them your registration or go in person, the application takes a few days, I received my pass in about 7 days. Since Uber is charging the customer for the toll, your probably coming out ahead with your paying the discounted tolls. a simply fyi :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have had a green pass since they rolled them out a number of years ago. Definitely worth is for hybrids as you do get a nice discount on the Turnpike and even the Parkway. The only times the discounts are not valid on Turnpike and Parkway is Monday - Friday 7am-9am as well as 4:30pm-6:30pm. Also the discount is not valid all weekends nor on holidays. However it is definitely worth it. Also, if you have a hybrid vehicle you are allowed in the HOV lane during the morning and evening rush on the Turnpike between exits 11 and 14. The HOV lane is the left lane of the Car/Bus/Truck section of the Turnpike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also, if you have a hybrid vehicle you are allowed in the HOV lane during the morning and evening rush on the Turnpike between exits 11 and 14. The HOV lane is the left lane of the Car/Bus/Truck section of the Turnpike.
Citation of source please.

I am dying to use the HOV +3 lane in statin island also, per NYC "green pass sticker program", they only allow it on the L_I_E... and NJ residents are not allowed to get the NY Green sticker. :(

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Citation of source please.

I am dying to use the HOV +3 lane in statin island also, per NYC "green pass sticker program", they only allow it on the L_I_E... and NJ residents are not allowed to get the NY Green sticker. :(
The law was enacted back in 2006 to allow Hybrid vehicles to use HOV lane on Turnpike. Here is the link http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/about/press/2006/051406.shtm

There are also small signs between the 2 roadways every so often stipulating 3+ or Hybrid and Alt Fuel Vehicles allowed. The signs are there, but they are small and unless you happen to see it quickly you will miss it. Truth is not sure if it helps much. However the closer you get to 14 it really helps, but if you are going to EWR then you are only going to 13A and it might not be much of a time saver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts