Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting alot of requests that have had more than 4 passengers on my X platform i tell them they need to order an XL they cancel and order me again... Are they doing it because X drivers are actually taking them?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, there are plenty of other drivers allowing passengers to overload.

They are taking the risk that they won't get in a collision. In case of a collision, Uber's insurance will deny coverage because you must have no more occupants than seatbelts. Then, the driver's insurance will discover you are ridesharing, potentially denying coverage and cancelling your policy. I'll defer to someone who has read the TNC Gap insurance terms about occupants and seatbelts. The next thing that would happen is the injured riders would pursue civil judgment against the driver's personal assets.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm sure x drivers do that. I don't blame them. We all need to put food on the table.
Before the fares went so low, I used to log in to both x and xl platform, I would get requests on X with 5 people. If they were nice to me, I didn't bother much. But every now and there would be some bossy folks who would want to sit on the last row, leg stretched out. That's when I would tell UBER about more than 4 people and get adjusted to xl fare.

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
I have been getting alot of requests that have had more than 4 passengers on my X platform i tell them they need to order an XL they cancel and order me again... Are they doing it because X drivers are actually taking them?
No. Riders do it because they are cheap don't want to pay XL rate and most are just ignorant don't know how to use the app. I had this lady one time order select because she thought it means select a driver. So she got charged $30 from airport to Venetian.

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
I'm sure x drivers do that. I don't blame them. We all need to put food on the table.
Before the fares went so low, I used to log in to both x and xl platform, I would get requests on X with 5 people. If they were nice to me, I didn't bother much. But every now and there would be some bossy folks who would want to sit on the last row, leg stretched out. That's when I would tell UBER about more than 4 people and get adjusted to xl fare.
Transporting 5 people are a no no. Cop will give a ticket. Careful

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
pax do this cuz they are cheap and other drivers probably let them...

it's all fine until you get pulled over or get into an accident...

Then the pax will blame and sue you for letting them

·
Registered
415 Posts
Don't do it! just tell them " insurance reason, I'm not allowed". Not worth it bro. Uber insurance will not cover u if u have more than what u supposed to have. No insurance, pax will sue u, GAME OVER!!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Are taxis allowed to take more pax than seatbelts? The NTA has set regulations on the rules for Rideshare. I didn't see a specific regulation that prohibits taking more pax than seatbelts.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Transporting 5 people are a no no. Cop will give a ticket. Careful
You can transport up to 6 people as long as each person has a seatbelt. That's Nevada law, nothing to do with Uber rules/insurance.

Are taxis allowed to take more pax than seatbelts? The NTA has set regulations on the rules for Rideshare. I didn't see a specific regulation that prohibits taking more pax than seatbelts.
Also need to follow the seatbelt rules.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you email support Uber will pay you for XL if there are more than 4 riders...Long as you have seats/belts for everyone it's legal

·
Registered
153 Posts
No goes by available seat belts.... Except for club runs ;)

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
This happened to me few months ago. Received a Lyft request at MGM. Arrived, waited for almost 5 mins and a group of 5 ladies showed up and wanted to go to pool party.
Me "Excuse me, how many of you?"
Pax "5".
Me "Sorry, i only can take 4, can't take all of you. It's illegal and not safe. Maybe you need to order a bigger car".
Pax "I always use Lyft all the time with 5 people"
Me "Sorry, not this time. Maybe other drivers will do it for you but just not me. Cancel the request then!".
Pax got pissed of and slammed my door. Then she reopened and said "I will cancel it but i will get it back (cancel fee)".
Me "Up to you, go ahead".
I emailed Lyft about it and i kept my cancel fee.
I don't care if other drivers take more than 4 people than we are allowed to (in UberX or Lyft). If anything happens, that's their problems. Those drivers must be desperate and they aren't realizing the consequences as others mentioned.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This happened to me few months ago. Received a Lyft request at MGM. Arrived, waited for almost 5 mins and a group of 5 ladies showed up and wanted to go to pool party.
Me "Excuse me, how many of you?"
Pax "5".
Me "Sorry, i only can take 4, can't take all of you. It's illegal and not safe. Maybe you need to order a bigger car".
Pax "I always use Lyft all the time with 5 people"
Me "Sorry, not this time. Maybe other drivers will do it for you but just not me. Cancel the request then!".
Pax got pissed of and slammed my door. Then she reopened and said "I will cancel it but i will get it back (cancel fee)".
Me "Up to you, go ahead".
I emailed Lyft about it and i kept my cancel fee.
I don't care if other drivers take more than 4 people than we are allowed to (in UberX or Lyft). If anything happens, that's their problems. Those drivers must be desperate and they aren't realizing the consequences as others mentioned.
Yes they must order XL for more than 4, same with SUV for Lyft 4 or more.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.