Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a gripe. Why the heck do they not tell you something is an express pool versus pool?? I tell you, as if pool isn’t a crap shoot already...Express pool is a huge liability. Biggest complaint? How can uber recommend drop off at such an unsafe spot? Truth is the argument is valid. And drivers make no damn money with Express pool. Uber needs to change their request pop ups to explicitly show whether it is a pool pick up or Express pool before we accept it. Ridiculous!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Uber needs to change their request pop ups to explicitly show whether it is a pool pick up or Express pool before we accept it. Ridiculous!
I agree they should. But then their product / experiment would fail. Nobody would pick them up. They should be upfront with us on a few different topics about the request, but they are unlikely to do much to benefit the driver. Changes must benefit their bottom line, or the passenger, which benefits their bottom line.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Since you can't tell them apart now, I'll only take pools if it's a high surge. Just not worth it to do em anymore
Another issue is Express Pool can be automatically added on to regular Pool. Problem is you don't know it til you see the corner address.

Hitting stop new requests immediately after you accept a regular Pool should prevent that scenario though.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Lately I've noticed that "stop new requests" on pool only becomes an option after you pick up a second pax. Uber is onto us...

And yes, I too have noticed Express Pools being added to regular pools. A frustrating part of the Express Pool is that the pax gripes about not picking them up or dropping them off at their doorstep. Either they don't know how Express Pool works or they are knowingly trying to cheat us, while still paying less than a regular pool.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
So I have a gripe. Why the heck do they not tell you something is an express pool versus pool?? I tell you, as if pool isn't a crap shoot already...Express pool is a huge liability. Biggest complaint? How can uber recommend drop off at such an unsafe spot? Truth is the argument is valid. And drivers make no damn money with Express pool. Uber needs to change their request pop ups to explicitly show whether it is a pool pick up or Express pool before we accept it. Ridiculous!
Why do you pick up pool anyways?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cancel Express Pool.

How's it read... "Pick pax at NW corner of Unsafe Corner Rd and Someonewillgetkilled Street."

Uhhhhh, no.
Right?!?!

Why do you pick up pool anyways?
I always take requests pool or not. I don't have the luxury of declining. Lost my day job about two weeks ago and this stops the bleeding for now. But Uber Express is a hell of a liability...which is why I complain about it. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Lately I've noticed that "stop new requests" on pool only becomes an option after you pick up a second pax. Uber is onto us...

And yes, I too have noticed Express Pools being added to regular pools. A frustrating part of the Express Pool is that the pax gripes about not picking them up or dropping them off at their doorstep. Either they don't know how Express Pool works or they are knowingly trying to cheat us, while still paying less than a regular pool.
Still works. Just hit the log out button.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
So I have a gripe. Why the heck do they not tell you something is an express pool versus pool?? I tell you, as if pool isn't a crap shoot already...Express pool is a huge liability. Biggest complaint? How can uber recommend drop off at such an unsafe spot? Truth is the argument is valid. And drivers make no damn money with Express pool. Uber needs to change their request pop ups to explicitly show whether it is a pool pick up or Express pool before we accept it. Ridiculous!
Please do not start any post with "So I"... it's insulting and condescending to readers. Millennial 101.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Please do not start any post with "So I"... it's insulting and condescending to readers. Millennial 101.
As easy as it is to call it a millennial problem, that wouldn't be accurate. You don't like starting sentences with "so," or millennials, we get it.

I have no major problem with it but had to look it up. One thing that struck me as funny is this line which seems appropriate.

"It's like a lot of other grammatical fixations: Not everybody cares about it, but the ones who do care care a whole lot."

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
These are almost always guaranteed stupid pax fees. Even if you take the ride, Uber loses handily on these rides, I always enjoy seeing negative fares.
I'll accept a Pool to get a paid ride to a better part of town.

Once I pick up the pax, I tell them I'm going to stop accepting incoming requests. This will almost guarantee an easy 5* rating and more importantly I do it because the time to pick up another pax is not worth an extra $1 and Uber takes a loss. They need to learn.

Another great thing about Pool requests is they result in a lot of cancelations and an easy $4 because the pax cannot make it to the curb within 2 minutes. I imagine Uber gets a lot of hate mail from these cancelations, resulting in some accounts being credited, which is yet another loss to Uber.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Once I pick up the pax, I tell them I'm going to stop accepting incoming requests. This will almost guarantee an easy 5* rating and more importantly I do it because the time to pick up another pax is not worth an extra $1 and Uber takes a loss. They need to learn.
That's a good idea, but I've had some entitled pax get in on a 2.5x surge pool demand me to turn off incoming requests. "My other drivers do this all the time for me..."

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's a good idea, but I've had some entitled pax get in on a 2.5x surge pool demand me to turn off incoming requests. "My other drivers do this all the time for me..."
You can tell the Entitled that Screwber thinks nothing of deactivating drivers and pax from the platform who deviate from their TOS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts