Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proof is in the tests ....amsoil and royal purple are no better than their counter parts at preventing wear
Note the the lab that tests oil samples provided the information

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Proof is in the tests ....amsoil and royal purple are no better than their counter parts at preventing wear
Supertech Full Synthetic 5w30
20k mile formula.
Over 250k miles later, no issues.
But hey, if others want to pay more for the name brands, be my guest!

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
The improved fuel efficiency when using synthetic lubricant becomes significant when you drive a lot of miles.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
What I really want to know is Honda's algorithm for calculating oil life. They seem WAY more conservative on when to change the oil than any of the other cars that I've owned.
My guess is that they are deliberately conservative. Better to tell people to change the oil more. No downside to it because people don't shop for cars based on oil change interval. With any luck they will do it at a Honda dealership $$$.

Also if people skip the oil change recommendation they can probably void warranty claims.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I have a 2019 VW Tiguan, only takes one oil. Buy it at the dealer, Europe and now Amsoil is producing it, but Amsoil gives no claims beyond manufacturers recommendations ...

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
The improved fuel efficiency when using synthetic lubricant becomes significant when you drive a lot of miles.
Which saves money. You do want to save money right ?

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
What I really want to know is Honda's algorithm for calculating oil life. They seem WAY more conservative on when to change the oil than any of the other cars that I've owned.
That is cause they don't use Rings Made in China. ;)

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Reactions: bone-aching-work

·
Premium Member
7,225 Posts
That is cause they don't use Rings Made in China. ;)
What I was trying to say is that Honda's oil change interval is much SHORTER than the Toyotas and the Ford Explorer I had previously.

Even the Celica I bought in 1985 had a recommended interval of 7,500 miles. I'm getting less than 5,000 miles with my two Acuras, when I follow their recommendation. Abd it's not because of short trips from driving for Uber. This issue was happening before I started during for Uber.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts