Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the traffic tonight, my crystal ball(s) tells me we'll have a great surge. Be smart and wait for it ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Only 3 weeks into this, but I am in surge areas all the time and never get pinged until the surge is gone.. Not sure why, but a little frustrating.. No longer letting surges in my area get me exceited LOL

·
Banned
276 Posts
Surges are 75% fake. Not saying they don't exist in some way but not in the way that the are described or the way they used to, etc. Just another Uber manipulation trick....pathetic.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Only 3 weeks into this, but I am in surge areas all the time and never get pinged until the surge is gone.. Not sure why, but a little frustrating.. No longer letting surges in my area get me exceited LOL
Before the fare-decrease, the faux-surge was the thing that finally pushed me over the edge. Welcome to Uber land, the land of the Uber-Lie. The surges are phony. They have been proven to be manipulated by uber people NOT on the ground driving cars, but rather sitting behind a desk and predicting when an area will be in high demand. There will almost always be a surge downtown when the bars let out, but it doesn't mean there are enough pax to fill the cars on the road. Rather than being a matter of MATH (supply & demand), it is a guess by Uber. What happens is we often end up wasting time and gas driving around the surge zone waiting for a call that never comes. Its a scam, and when the pax catch on it will be hell for Uber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts