Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it is the season right now where we get some business up until mid-April or so. But normally during the day it is about one ping per hour. I started in October and have been doing it basically "half time". With gross earnings around $5 per hour here during the off season I can't see myself seriously continuing with this. I have other things which I could be doing.

I think after the season ends I will just do Uber strictly when I am say on my way to the store by myself and I wouldn't mind a 15-30 minute delay to take a passenger and pay for my gas for the day. With the over saturation of drivers and the complete lack of any promotions here I think that is the best way to do Uber.

·
Premium Member
64,411 Posts
So here it is the season right now where we get some business up until mid-April or so. But normally during the day it is about one ping per hour. I started in October and have been doing it basically "half time". With gross earnings around $5 per hour here during the off season I can't see myself seriously continuing with this. I have other things which I could be doing.

I think after the season ends I will just do Uber strictly when I am say on my way to the store by myself and I wouldn't mind a 15-30 minute delay to take a passenger and pay for my gas for the day. With the over saturation of drivers and the complete lack of any promotions here I think that is the best way to do Uber.
Weekend bar crowds will still be productive.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's chosen to only drive during the day which we all know pays awful. Knowing that it doesn't make sense to continue to drive
Well I do drive at night when there are events and it is worth it. But an extra $1-$3 an hour just doesn't cut it for me as the risk of bad things happening triples at night. If I were to work say 9pm - 3am I would want at least $100 gross for those six hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts