Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
17,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I put in a request via customer service to get my 2017 Volt put into the Lyft Premier category (I guess in the parlance of this forum as a QuackSELECT). We will see how this goes, here was the initial response, which came in about 3 days after I sent it (a bad sign):

"We apologize if it took us longer than usual to get back to you. We really appreciate your patience as we work hard on answering everyone's concern.

I understand that you want your vehicle, which is an electric car as what you've mentioned your previous email, to be included in premier ride eligible cars and I understand that you know that your vehicle is not yet eligible for this kind of ride type.

Nonetheless, we appreciate that you were voicing out your concern about not only trying to add your electric car to premier ride but also for giving your opinion and suggestion that the Lyft should also think about being an environmentally conscious Platform. For the benefit of not only to us passengers and drivers but also to our nature as a whole.

I myself believe that our environment plays a major role in our daily lives and should be treated with respect and care. Rest assured that this kind of opinions will be passed to the higher department so that they can take a look on this issue and hopefully make some considerations and actions that will benefit not only us people but also to our environment.

Regarding also your concern about adding your car to Lyft premier ride. I've already submitted a request to a proper department so that your car will hopefully be included in the list of cars of eligible for premier rides.

Lyft Support Representative"

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Such clumsy writing is a sign that the response was not canned. Nice! A real person!

Of course always could it be faked wrong. (No, I'm not that cynical, wanted I just to have my little fun. ;))

·
Premium Member
9,032 Posts
So, I put in a request via customer service to get my 2017 Volt put into the Lyft Premier category (I guess in the parlance of this forum as a QuackSELECT). We will see how this goes, here was the initial response, which came in about 3 days after I sent it (a bad sign):

"We apologize if it took us longer than usual to get back to you. We really appreciate your patience as we work hard on answering everyone's concern.

I understand that you want your vehicle, which is an electric car as what you've mentioned your previous email, to be included in premier ride eligible cars and I understand that you know that your vehicle is not yet eligible for this kind of ride type.

Nonetheless, we appreciate that you were voicing out your concern about not only trying to add your electric car to premier ride but also for giving your opinion and suggestion that the Lyft should also think about being an environmentally conscious Platform. For the benefit of not only to us passengers and drivers but also to our nature as a whole.

I myself believe that our environment plays a major role in our daily lives and should be treated with respect and care. Rest assured that this kind of opinions will be passed to the higher department so that they can take a look on this issue and hopefully make some considerations and actions that will benefit not only us people but also to our environment.

Regarding also your concern about adding your car to Lyft premier ride. I've already submitted a request to a proper department so that your car will hopefully be included in the list of cars of eligible for premier rides.

Lyft Support Representative"
You'll be rolling in the money, if they approve. Double the regular fares. SWEET!

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
I can only hope lyft will not start cheating toronto riders and dispatching sub standard cars as select and xl. Stick to list what ever it is . If change is made should be for everyone not like uber under the table deals .

·
Registered
884 Posts
Personally nothing against the car that you drive but chevy volt would be a quick cancel from me of it was dispatched as a premier or select car.

Beside being an electric car there is not much going on for it to be considered a premium car.
Good luck trying to get approved though

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
Uber/Lyft will probably introduce a feature where you can request an electric vehicle in the next 2-3 years or so. They just don't have enough cars to do it yet.

Haha...that was Facedrives big feature/advantage. I wonder if they ever realized that Uber could throw a switch and kill the only unique thing about them.

·
Premium Member
11,431 Posts
You'll be rolling in the money, if they approve. Double the regular fares. SWEET!
I was Premier only for a while, there was some weeks I only had one ride in a week with over 100 hours online

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Right so it's a hybrid.
No, it isn't. A hybrid uses both an internal combustion engine and an electric motor to directly drive the wheels through the transmission .

In a range extended EV, there is no driving ability of the gasoline engine. It cannot drive the wheels, only generate electricity to power the electric motor or charge the battery.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Range Extended Electric Vehicle. It runs the entire (large) battery out 80-100km before using small gas engine an an electric generator.
No, it isn't. A hybrid uses both an internal combustion engine and an electric motor to directly drive the wheels through the transmission .

In a range extended EV, there is no driving ability of the gasoline engine. It cannot drive the wheels, only generate electricity to power the electric motor or charge the battery.
I define a Volt as a plug-in serial hybrid. A Prius plug-in hybrid is a parallel hybrid. With a parallel hybrid both the engine and the electrics can work in tandem. It drives with one, the other or both at once. A serial hybrid goes in series from the engine to the generator then to the electric drive motor. A diesel-electric locomotive is a serial hybrid. There is no mechanical connection from the engine to the wheels. This allows for clutchless, transmission-free operation and optimal engine revs.

For the ultimate fuel economy a serial hybrid would have a tiny one cylinder long-stroke engine running hard all the time. That's not possible in real-world use so the Volt has to have an engine powerful enough to drive the car without any electric boost.

The Prius with a 1.5 or 1.8 litre engine or the Civic hybrid with a 1.3 litre engine are dogs if the hybrid system fails to push. I think the Volt has enough power to run properly with the engine only.

A range-extended EV simply means a larger battery.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Volt people. Keep in mind that this discussion is only about definitions.

·
Banned
749 Posts
I can only hope lyft will not start cheating toronto riders and dispatching sub standard cars as select and xl. Stick to list what ever it is . If change is made should be for everyone not like uber under the table deals .
More importantly, I can only hope lyft/uber will stop dispatching crappy drivers with low ratings and hygiene issues.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
More importantly, I can only hope lyft/uber will stop dispatching crappy drivers with low ratings and hygiene issues.
Drivers are trying to put their fiesta on select on lyft. LYFT won't have my word on it . No uber like under the table deals for putting fiesta on select which doesn't even qualify for pool .

·
Banned
17,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right so it's a hybrid.
If you never drive past the 100km battery, the engine will never turn on. That makes it an EV. It's classified as an EV by the government of Ontario, as it gets the full $14000 Rebate.

Only when you run out of battery does it 'convert' into a HYBRID. (It does this seamlessly, BTW.)

If you have ridden in this vehicle, you would understand why I'm trying to bump myself up to Premiere status. High end Mercedes/BMW do not have this level of quiet ride.

·
Registered
609 Posts
If you never drive past the 100km battery, the engine will never turn on. That makes it an EV. It's classified as an EV by the government of Ontario, as it gets the full $14000 Rebate.

Only when you run out of battery does it 'convert' into a HYBRID. (It does this seamlessly, BTW.)

If you have ridden in this vehicle, you would understand why I'm trying to bump myself up to Premiere status. High end Mercedes/BMW do not have this level of quiet ride.
Don't try too hard! I only got one premier since the day I signed up with lyft! As far as I know lyft don't have quack version of premier or any other bullshit! They stick with their list. I used to have Ford Fusion Hybrid and paxs loved it since it was so quiet! It was the most roomy car ever. Tons of rooms back seat. It was black on black with leather seat and I got her approved for select! On Kijiji there is a advertisement for starched Ford Fusion former limousine. When I was doing select with that car I had none complain people loved it. Groups of large 4 people could easily fits in.

·
Banned
17,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't try too hard! I only got one premier since signed up with lyft! As far as I know lyft don't have quack version of premier or any other bullshit!
Yup. I'm trying about as hard as the single email I sent. Worst they could say is "No."

1 - 20 of 46 Posts