Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I have purchased the car few months ago. I thought the car is Euro 6 as my tax road is 0£. I don’t know what to do now as the car must to be Euro 6 and 5 years old. When is licensed first time.

Can anyone one help me with license this car?

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
hello,

I have purchased the car few months ago. I thought the car is Euro 6 as my tax road is 0£. I don't know what to do now as the car must to be Euro 6 and 5 years old. When is licensed first time.

Can anyone one help me with license this car?
Have you ever heard of Due Diligence?

The deadline for Euro 6 is widely published, TFL has widely published this information

The annual RFL is unrelated to wether a car is Euro 5 or 6

Your only option is to sell it as you have been advised above.

There is not get around as far as Euro 5 and 6 goes

If you bought it from a Dealer and stated it was for PH usage then it may be possible to reject it as it is clearly not fit for the purpose for which it was intended.

Well if you bought it after 1st January 2018, as I am fairly certain that was the date TFL said no new Euro5 diesels would be Licenced for the first time.

You could also work outside London as some LAs don't have the same requirement for Euro 6 diesels.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts

·
Premium Member
*** Not a PH Driver ***
6,645 Posts
Unbelievable, please tell me you didn’t buy based on someone telling you it’s a grand a week on Uber?!

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Unbelievable, please tell me you didn't buy based on someone telling you it's a grand a week on Uber?!
The world of Minicab the day I bought this prius plus in 2014 they all blamed me but when they see me in Heathrow doing Saloon estate and Mpv jobs they all went and bought prius pluses

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
Take it back. Lmao. Are you kidding you signed for it. It's yours unless there's a fault and you can prove it was there before you bought it.
If you buy a car on finance you can take it back any time with a bit of financial penalty, but not a lot. Also you can not get back what you have paid.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
If you buy a car on finance you can take it back any time with a bit of financial penalty, but not a lot. Also you can not get back what you have paid.
In other words, you saying: give the car back --- don't expect any money back, Lol

Dr, Dr find a solution.. If The man wants to do PH work, simply put the car up for sale and buy one that is fit for the job..next time be more careful or do it again until you get it right.

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
In other words, you saying: give the car back --- don't expect any money back, Lol

Dr, Dr find a solution.. If The man wants to do PH work, simply put the car up for sale and buy one that is fit for the job..next time be more careful or do it again until you get it right.
It is like hiring a car, which you can take back any time but before the contract time you may have to pay some compensation to the company.

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
Do u have any idea kaka how much that some could be?
it depends on the contract. Usually if you take it back after certain times like 6 months you don't pay anything. In my case I can take back my car any time without penalty. I am allowed 24k miles/year. If I am over that I will have to pay 8p/mile extra. This is in addition to if the car needs any repair cost.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
it depends on the contract. Usually if you take it back after certain times like 6 months you don't pay anything. In my case I can take back my car any time without penalty. I am allowed 24k miles/year. If I am over that I will have to pay 8p/mile extra. This is in addition to if the car needs any repair cost.
What car do you drive?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts