Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whole irresponsible act of a group heading to / returning from the Houston Rodeo is captured by my dash camera tonight. See for yourself.

Light Building Automotive lighting Asphalt Midnight

It was my green light while they were crossing the road as if nothing had happened. They continued with their own pace despite that I had honked multiple times! As shown in the last picture, that man had the nerve to walk toward my car and shouted 'Why are you honking at us? You [email protected]@@@! Who are you try to impress? It is your red light, [email protected]@@@!'

I was supposed to make through the light instead of slamming the brake. The light was red only by the time he stood at the corner of the intersection lashing out. Soon, my car was surrounded by that group of people. A woman who screamed due to the honk, said 'Get out of your @@@@ing Lexus and I gona (going?) to teach you a lesson [email protected]@@@!'

As I grabbed my phone (she stood on the side and hence was not in the view of the camera), the man asked 'why are you taking a picture of her?'

What else can that be for? As an evidence of course in the event that they damage my car! They left after I told them that I would request police assistance. They must be from out of the H-town thinking the police are everywhere as in NYC and Chicago. Our police on average takes 40 mins - 1.5 hours to respond.

I believe people like them are going to end up getting killed some time but in parallel, put the unfortunate driver into misery. It is sad that we live in a world whose traffic laws are crooked - pedestrians are always right. @@@@ them!

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
I also hate Jaywalkers even though I'm a strictly daytime driver. Sometimes they just walk or run just when you're near them. Why?!

One time I saw justice properly served though. There was this girl who tried to Jaywalk... but for some reason she didn't realize she was Jaywalking in front of a police car. Two cops got out of the police car, put her in the middle island and started talking to her, probably about the dangers of Jaywalking.

Anyway, pedestrians are definitely NOT always right. No amount of careful driving can avoid a careless pedestrian who walks or runs around whenever they wish. What I hate the most is when if it's a MOTHER who drags her kid across the street to Jaywalk! Holy hell! That's so irresponsible. I've seen videos where families get crushed by trucks just because they chose to Jaywalk on a very busy street instead of use the proper crosswalk.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
in my market their cities like Hoboken and Jersey City where the people are crossing at the crosswalk don’t pay any attention to the color and walk whenever they want to.

If they’re jaywalking and you’ll beep at them they act like they don’t understand. And they don’t. Because they’re doing what everyone does and what the police allow.

It’s like how people make up their own driving rules in Third World countries and everybody does the same thing and it becomes the de facto law.

Then in places like Newark and Patterson pedestrians very cautiously cross the road even if they have the signal to go ahead and cross. They never jaywalk because they know they’ll get run down and the vehicle won’t even stop.

Of course in the very center of those urban centers I just mentioned there are the ghetto rat males for whom it’s all about showboating and showing off. They’ll strut right across the road when the traffic has a green light.

And in all the rest of New Jersey everybody just follows the crossing signals. When it’s their turn to cross they go, when it’s not their turn to cross they don’t go.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The whole irresponsible act of a group heading to / returning from the Houston Rodeo is captured by my dash camera tonight. See for yourself.

View attachment 428347

It was my green light while they were crossing the road as if nothing had happened. They continued with their own pace despite that I had honked multiple times! As shown in the last picture, that man had the nerve to walk toward my car and shouted 'Why are you honking at us? You [email protected]@@@! Who are you try to impress? It is your red light, [email protected]@@@!'

I was supposed to make through the light instead of slamming the brake. The light was red only by the time he stood at the corner of the intersection lashing out. Soon, my car was surrounded by that group of people. A woman who screamed due to the honk, said 'Get out of your @@@@ing Lexus and I gona (going?) to teach you a lesson [email protected]@@@!'

As I grabbed my phone (she stood on the side and hence was not in the view of the camera), the man asked 'why are you taking a picture of her?'

What else can that be for? As an evidence of course in the event that they damage my car! They left after I told them that I would request police assistance. They must be from out of the H-town thinking the police are everywhere as in NYC and Chicago. Our police on average takes 40 mins - 1.5 hours to respond.

I believe people like them are going to end up getting killed some time but in parallel, put the unfortunate driver into misery. It is sad that we live in a world whose traffic laws are crooked - pedestrians are always right. @@@@ them!
You lost me at Houston Rodeo. Pretend like it's India for an hour.

·
Premium Member
26,817 Posts
What I hate the most is when if it's a MOTHER who drags her kid across the street to Jaywalk! Holy hell! That's so irresponsible. I've seen videos where families get crushed by trucks just because they chose to Jaywalk on a very busy street instead of use the proper crosswalk.
We have had several children killed or maimed in this area because the parents were jaywalking. The parent walks away from it, but the child pays the price for his parents' stupidity. You can not blame the dumb child, he just does what his parents tell him to do.

If they're jaywalking and you'll beep at them they act like they don't understand.
What they do here is point to the pedestrian signal or the light. They do this even though the red hand is showing or it is a full red light. Some of them confront me. I tell them:

"As the public schools no longer require that you learn to read, write or comprehend the English Language, the traffic authorities have gone to picture writing. I can see that your problem is that the public schools failed to explain to you what the pictures mean. RED means STOP.
The RED HAND
Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Amber Automotive tail & brake light Light-emitting diode
pedestrian signal means
Light Product Rectangle Fixture Lighting
, NOT "Jaywalk".

Our Mayor, in the Capital of Your Nation, has this "Vision Zero" programme which envisions no pedestrian deaths or injuries. As long as the District of Columbia encourages arrogant jaywalking, that programme will fail.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
You lost me at Houston Rodeo. Pretend like it's India for an hour.
Traffic flows in India that would bring a US city to a complete shutdown. Also you can and should honk and for the most part people won't go all aggro on you.

I would not honk at a ped in a US city, especially if I had a nice car (which I don't). They can and will key your car. When I was a ped in a big town I would always look to see if it was a nice car before I stepped out in front of them. Because nice cars have good brakes, and if the driver doesn't know how to use them, they probably have lots of assets to go after in court. But I'd never step out in front of a hoopty.

·
Registered
367 Posts
And in all the rest of New Jersey everybody just follows the crossing signals. When it's their turn to cross they go, when it's not their turn to cross they don't go.
come to the tiny town of Cranford
there are only three blocks in a straight line, in what is considered their down town shopping
I have yet to drive down those three streets without some idiot stepping into the road from between parked cars
they pay no attention to anything except the phone in their hand
if they do notice a car screeching to a stop in front of them, they look at you like you are crazy

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
A question here if I may.

From where I am from, we are taught in schools to always watch out for cars. Never expect the drivers would slow down and let you pass. What makes pedestrians entitled to the right-of-way at all times in the US? Isn't it a lot easier for a stationary object (pedestrians) to give way to vehicles in motion than the other way round? Don't get me wrong, there are also a lot of people who cross the road during red light back home but the bottom line is that most of them only do so when it is "safe".

Besides, I am very impressed by the fact that kids in this country are "over-protected". Everyone stops when a stop sign is extended from a school bus. Furthermore, what is the logic behind driving 20 mph in a school zone? Is it that difficult to ask the kids to only cross the road at intersections (the only scenario which I consider they have the priority over drivers)? This is obviously a cultural shock for me.

What pedestrian, I didn't notice one. Not a problem.:errwhat:
@@@@er.jpg

Do you see them now? Always be vigilant on the road. These selfish @@@ can put any driver into misery anytime.

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
I absolutely hate jay walkers, I had one woman looked confused and angry when she was jay walking and I almost ran her over while while honking my horn, dumb broad was on her phone too. I had a green light and she had the nerve to just cross the street in the crosswalk thinking she was in the right. Hopefully she realizes what she did but I doubt it. You have to obey the crosswalk signs or I will honk my horn at you and move my vehicle in a rude way in front of you. I won’t run them over but I’ll scare them at least. I have no courtesy to anyone who isn’t following the law. The same goes for bike riders. You are required to stop at stop signs and red lights, if you don’t you get the horn. People think they can do what they want on the roads and they need to realize that they don’t have the right of way unless that sign is white or green on the pole for them

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
A question here if I may.

From where I am from, we are taught in schools to always watch out for cars. Never expect the drivers would slow down and let you pass. What makes pedestrians entitled to the right-of-way at all times in the US? Isn't it a lot easier for a stationary object (pedestrians) to give way to vehicles in motion than the other way round? Don't get me wrong, there are also a lot of people who cross the road during red light back home but the bottom line is that most of them only do so when it is "safe".

Besides, I am very impressed by the fact that kids in this country are "over-protected". Everyone stops when a stop sign is extended from a school bus. Furthermore, what is the logic behind driving 20 mph in a school zone? Is it that difficult to ask the kids to only cross the road at intersections (the only scenario which I consider they have the priority over drivers)? This is obviously a cultural shock for me.

View attachment 428689

Do you see them now? Always be vigilant on the road. These selfish @@@ can put any driver into misery anytime.
@MyJessicaLS430 Are you serious? Do I have to spell it out for you....S-A-R-C-A-S-M. You need to put away your little red marking tools and by the way you missed a couple of pedestrians standing in the middle of side street.
Street.png

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
@MyJessicaLS430 Are you serious? Do I have to spell it out for you....S-A-R-C-A-S-M. You need to put away your little red marking tools and by the way you missed a couple of pedestrians standing in the middle of side street.
View attachment 428779
Those yellow guys may be on the corner, the picture is of three pictures and you can't see what's to the right of them in that middle photo

·
Premium Member
16,313 Posts
Come to East Oakland.

You see the ghetto strut in front of your car ... light is green, and homie is lookin you right in the eye, flashing that gold tooth as he grins and ... strolls .... across ... the .... street .... daring you.
Daring.

It's a type of meditation I do when that happens. Yoga behind the wheel.
One of these days, I will get too deep into meditation, and my foot will slip offa the brake ... and it'll be all over the news.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.