Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Well, you have to pay if no H&R booking at CC zone.
Yeah I was aware of that my old mate but that [email protected] page mentioned that the ph driver was being reported for being in the CC Zone without a prior booking.

Nothing could be done until the expiry time was up for paying his £11.50

They're getting all excited and wet themselves but the ph driver has not become liable to an offence yet

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was aware of that my old mate but that [email protected] page mentioned that the ph driver was being reported for being in the CC Zone without a prior booking.

Nothing could be done until the expiry time was up for paying his £11.50

They're getting all excited and wet themselves but the ph driver has not become liable to an offence yet
That's interesting, what if he gets a job before the expiry time?

·
Registered
544 Posts
That's interesting, what if he gets a job before the expiry time?
Technically you are only aloud in congestion area free of charge if you are on a booking. If at any point you head in without a booking you should legally pay the fee. However your PHV registration is automatically excluded from the ANPR cameras so you would have to do it off your own back as you wouldn't receive a penalty automatically if you didn't pay

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Technically you are only aloud in congestion area free of charge if you are on a booking. If at any point you head in without a booking you should legally pay the fee. However your PHV registration is automatically excluded from the ANPR cameras so you would have to do it off your own back as you wouldn't receive a penalty automatically if you didn't pay
Why would u want to pay if u can get away with it.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Why would u want to pay if u can get away with it.
Don't know if you remember but it's been posted on this forum a few times that ph drivers have been sent a letter at a later date, letter asks them to provide the booking details for a specific time & date.

I didn't go into town too often but always keep my job emails & texts for proof just in case

I think it's only a matter of time now till they force through CC for all private hire vehicles

Possibly an announcement before end of 2017
Fares will have to start rising sometime even on poober

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Never had any friend with phv car been asked to provide booking to avoid fine Infact I had some friends who phv'd them cars only to avoid cc

Reactions: Fostel and Taz7
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.