Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I drove someone from Lexington to Lowell (most likely a drug run). The pax wanted a round trip but wouldn't add a 2nd destination until he arrived at the first destination. The pax was also clearly sedated on something and fell asleep in my car. Once I got to Lowell I waited about 12 minutes for him to get back in my car so I could drive him back to Lexington. Completed the trip and made about $35 on the ride.

The next day Uber contacts me claiming I picked up the wrong pax and the person I drove to Lowell never went on that trip. My rebuttal was dashcam footage proving that I did indeed drive this sh!t head to Lowell and back. Uber immediately reversed the fair adjustment and banned the pax from the Uber platform.

Maybe 2 years ago when TK was CEO, Uber would have always ruled in favor of the pax but not anymore. Sweet justice!

Now my question is, can this pax simply buy a new phone with a new phone number and set up another Uber account as a way to circumvent his ban?

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Long story short, I drove someone from Lexington to Lowell (most likely a drug run). The pax wanted a round trip but wouldn't add a 2nd destination until he arrived at the first destination. The pax was also clearly sedated on something and fell asleep in my car. Once I got to Lowell I waited about 12 minutes for him to get back in my car so I could drive him back to Lexington. Completed the trip and made about $35 on the ride.

The next day Uber contacts me claiming I picked up the wrong pax and the person I drove to Lowell never went on that trip. My rebuttal was dashcam footage proving that I did indeed drive this sh!t head to Lowell and back. Uber immediately reversed the fair adjustment and banned the pax from the Uber platform.

Maybe 2 years ago when TK was CEO, Uber would have always ruled in favor of the pax but not anymore. Sweet justice!

Now my question is, can this pax simply buy a new phone with a new phone number and set up another Uber account as a way to circumvent his ban?
Yes. And getting a new phone number is as easy as calling his cell provider.

What was this d-bag's rating?

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
What percentage of time in the past would you say riders dashed out on you? Did you just end up eating the fare?
Believe it or not, very, very rare, especially for a night driver for years. Maybe the foreign or minority drivers had more issues but not sure.

Often, it would be the 4 a.m. "Oh, I have to go upstairs and get the $$ from my uncle" routine. I just let them out without leaving anything of value. Just the way I am....of course was burned a few tines with that approach.

My most disappointing fare was a young white preppy-type male from the 10 Buick dorm at BU. It was a rainy Friday night, and I dropped two girls there; immediately he approaches the cab, so I thought he was greeting those gals. Nope, he gets in alone as they wander off. We chat most of the way to North Andover. Supposedly, he is or was in the military but knew Amherst, MA well, so he's describing his fave pizza spots there.

All of a sudden, for the last 10 minutes, he turns quiet. Hmmmm....

He helps me with directions, as I had no GPS then. Left, right, right, left, left, etc. Stop! Turn around! Stop! It's a nice neighbourhood, so I had no concern. All of a sudden, he throws the door open and runs off. Wow, and we were so madly bonding for those previous 25 minutes, almost besties.

Oh well, I guess I'm not always great at reading people.

·
Registered
549 Posts

Uber support told you he would be banned? I had someone claim the same thing, they gave me my money but made no comment on what would happen to PAX.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Only time I really thought I was getting scammed was this young Asian kid gets in the car. The pickup was in a female's name, but that happens all the time.

Once I accept the destination is "Boston, MA" and he says I need to change it. I ask him where he's going. Attleboro. I told him that I couldn't change it and he needed to call the person who requested the ride and have them change it.

They, of course, can't be reached and he starts trying to give me grief. I turn and look right at him and say "you mean to tell me that this person requested a ride for you and you never told them where you were going, and they didn't ask?"

Cancelled the ride and told him to try again with an actual destination.

I'm about 99% sure that 30 minutes after dropping him off I'd have had the fare reversed for some reason

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Believe it or not, very, very rare, especially for a night driver for years. Maybe the foreign or minority drivers had more issues but not sure.

Often, it would be the 4 a.m. "Oh, I have to go upstairs and get the $$ from my uncle" routine. I just let them out without leaving anything of value. Just the way I am....of course was burned a few tines with that approach.

My most disappointing fare was a young white preppy-type male from the 10 Buick dorm at BU. It was a rainy Friday night, and I dropped two girls there; immediately he approaches the cab, so I thought he was greeting those gals. Nope, he gets in alone as they wander off. We chat most of the way to North Andover. Supposedly, he is or was in the military but knew Amherst, MA well, so he's describing his fave pizza spots there.

All of a sudden, for the last 10 minutes, he turns quiet. Hmmmm....

He helps me with directions, as I had no GPS then. Left, right, right, left, left, etc. Stop! Turn around! Stop! It's a nice neighbourhood, so I had no concern. All of a sudden, he throws the door open and runs off. Wow, and we were so madly bonding for those previous 25 minutes, almost besties.

Oh well, I guess I'm not always great at reading people.
In almost 30 years I can remember all the runners I've had....because there have been only 5.

1. young teen boy and girl with bikes from a carnival at a mall parking lot kind of late...stop here moneys over there...scooted through a broken fence...caught one confiscated bike made them come to office next day to pay and get bike back

2. college punk at bar closing hopped out and ran

3. young punk at Christmas from bus station to his house parked one street over ran through neighbors yard...unfortunately for him his porch motion light went on as he entered his house...his mom paid after I assured her that I would be back in the middle of the night if payment wasn't made.

4. another dirtbag from bus station to his house skipped through neighbors yard...another cabbie caught him a week later when he tried it again

5. last but not least and certainly the worst...old woman from hospital to home??? supposedly...had a friendly chat and even SHARED half of my king sized peanut butter cup with her...get her home but before she does one more stop...at an alcohol rehab...she gives me a check for the ride...take check to bank(my bank) where the check was drawn...there was more than enough money only problem the name and address on the check didn't match with the account holder....this grafty witch had her name put on a stack of checks she stole one and ordered a set in her name...this exposed a ring of people in the Falmouth area who had joined in on this scam

Got money from 1 and 3
nothing from 2
Eventual satisfaction but no money from 4 and 5

I can relate my puker stories next if anyone is interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts