Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am curious. many posters seem to believe that they are running a small business as opposed to being an employee. does anyone have their "business" for sale now? how much are you asking and what am i getting for the money.

if you are not selling your "business", perhaps you could refer me to the website(s) where others have their "business" listed.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
What are u Paying?
Uber is no different than selling shit on eBay or amazon, where you have to have inventory ( your car ) shipping packing expenses ( gas wear and tear maintenance) amazons cut (15% for most items)
But unlike uber, if you fail with one business on amazon you can get a new ein and be back in. Business
Uber goes off your SSN and you only get one shot
But for some ****ing reason we have not figured out other than assuming most Uber drivers are dumbasses and don't look at their expenses,
Hence the small business description

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I call myself an independent contractor.
I'm even on linkedin per my lawyers request.
He want me to be part of his network.
He said it's a corporation.

How To Calculate Costs As An Uber Driver:
https://uberpeople.net/xfa-blog-entry/how-to-calculate-costs-as-an-uber-driver.23/

I did the math and my lawyer agrees. 89% of the miles on my car are work related.
This already gives me a $15982.99 deduction and will go up over the next 5 months.
That takes car of all the gas, brakes, washes, frebreeze, tires, and everything else in this wishful thinking blog.
(they are called blogs for a reason) No one else will publish it.

And, with 30885 miles over 18 months, I am averaging less than 100 miles per day. (someone asked)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I call myself an independent contractor.
I'm even on linkedin per my lawyers request.
He want me to be part of his network.
He said it's a corporation.

How To Calculate Costs As An Uber Driver:
https://uberpeople.net/xfa-blog-entry/how-to-calculate-costs-as-an-uber-driver.23/

I did the math and my lawyer agrees. 89% of the miles on my car are work related.
This already gives me a $15982.99 deduction and will go up over the next 5 months.
That takes car of all the gas, brakes, washes, frebreeze, tires, and everything else in this wishful thinking blog.
(they are called blogs for a reason) No one else will publish it.

And, with 30885 miles over 18 months, I am averaging less than 100 miles per day. (someone asked)
so are you selling your business? where can i find the listing? what is your asking price? what are your financials?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Please continue this rant. It's fantastic.

Reactions: UberRidiculous

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yes UberProphet? should email these thoughts to UberLawsuit attorneys. They can use every tool in the persuasive shed that we can find to convince a jury. Never take your opponent for granted. My friend said he learned in the service that everyone has a plan for the enemy, until they meet the enemy! :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes UberProphet? should email these thoughts to UberLawsuit attorneys. They can use every tool in the persuasive shed that we can find to convince a jury. Never take your opponent for granted. My friend said he learned in the service that everyone has a plan for the enemy, until they meet the enemy! :)
How about this one... "All plans go to shit in battle."

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Small business that averages $7.51 per customer, I keep records and have a spreadsheet. I don't know if this in an increasing number or decreasing. I'll let you know when I have the time to work on it. My phone rang and I have a delivery. The first one of the night is always a minimum of 28.5. 25 gas and 3.5 for close delivery. 4.5 in City.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So youre under the impression that a business does not actually exist until it is publicly listed for sale...interesting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts