Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you supposed to go? Lot of old pages if you google it, one--it was a seemingly legit Illinois government site (https://www.emissions.org/illinois-emissions-testing-locations/) and had a list of car repair joints that do inspections, but it had been hacked or something, and the phone numbers for each shop was the same and it was a scam, a recording that said, "Congratulations, you have won a $100 gift card from Walmart, just press 1 and you'll be connected with a" con artist who will somehow get you to wire money somewhere to get your gift card. Other old pages directed you to Webster or Forest Preserve, but in fact those places are closed. I googled the real phone numbers of the repair places hacked on the first site and called the first few, and they all said, "Oh, no, yeah, we used to do that, we don't do that anymore, we repair your car if you fail the test," and where do you go for the test? "Uh Skokie, yeah, Skokie, right."

Really????

Btw, regarding government websites, the county assessor's office has a new website, which does not come up first in a google search, with a whole lot of new and different stuff and tax appeal forms and procedures. No announcement on the old site that people should go to the new site.

·
Registered
266 Posts
get a side piece where emissions not required. Change bank and insurance and for good measure voter registration. Put your back into it. And close your mouth--word is already out on the street---no rideshare gal or guy can be loyal. Side gig, side piece, side peace. Spread your love and fly. (Sugar ray)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I used to the testing station at 3555 Jarvis Ave, Skokie, IL - it's a little hard to find, so here is a simple map

Testing Station.PNG

It seemed like I had to go every year when I was driving beaters, but since I bought my new car, I have not received any notices.

I think that the closures of the testing stations are due to improvements in auto manufacturing, on-board computer diagnostic systems, which have resulted in much lower emissions, requiring less frequent testing.

As older cars are retired and replaced by newer ones, the need to closely monitor their emissions becomes less of a State priority.

Since there was no cost for the emissions test, the testing stations were probably a money losing proposition for the State, especially since there are so few cars remaining on the road that would require annual testing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts