Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. had a long ride to St. Paul to Elk River.. liked that.. but then sat around for 15 mins.. no pings, and I didn't see any drivers nearby using the passenger app.. so I bolted back to the cities. Would I have gotten a passenger if I waited longer?.. or don't they have Uber up there being so far from metro.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I did get a ride the one time I end up in Elk River. It was Elk River to Abertville. They actually have a higher rate. I think it's 10 or 15 cent more per miles. Was your ride surge at all. I would hate that kind of trip if there was no surge.

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
I was suppose to have a long ride, +45 or so to what looked liked Elk River from Cowboy Jack in Plymouth last night, when I got there, the lady said we were going to crystal.
So, how did you know before picking her up, that it "looked like Elk River"? Or was this a Lyft scheduled ride, where we can see the route? Did she change the trip in the app?

I'd ask, what's up with the destination change?

·
Registered
508 Posts
So.. had a long ride to St. Paul to Elk River.. liked that.. but then sat around for 15 mins.. no pings, and I didn't see any drivers nearby using the passenger app.. so I bolted back to the cities. Would I have gotten a passenger if I waited longer?.. or don't they have Uber up there being so far from metro.
I have found that getting to Elk River with a fare is a lot easier than leaving Elk River with a fare.

I don't wait for a ping when I end up there.. I head towards Anoka or Maple Grove and cross my fingers. Then I usually I find myself riding solo until I get back to civilization.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ramsey and Anoka are only a few miles from Elk River, I get ride requests from Ramsey all the time. Most are pretty decent, 10 miles or more, many are trips back to the city at 20 - 30 miles. I live in the country north of the city so I usually get my first request as I am coming down through Ramsey.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I’m not by Ramsey often, but I’ve accepted 3 trips there in a year and a half. One 40 plus miles to Shakopee, a trip to the airport around 40 miles with a $20 cash tip, and a base fare with a $5 tip. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have had just 3 trips to way north in 2 1/2 years. MSP to Rogers, Uptown to Rogers, and downtown to Ramsey. Never been able to find a return trip, but also never waited, just empty going back using destination filter. (Not counting Metronics in Mounds View, as not far enough, had that a bunch.)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've been to Rogers, Anoka, Andover all from within Minneapolis city limits. All have been after bar close rides so the likelihood of getting a return ping has been negligible to zero.

Although I did get a ping from Big Lake while on my way to Rogers hah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts