Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a car, specifically a Toyota Highlander. The list says that it qualifies for XL starting in 2011. But... The highlander has always had a 7 seat option and 2008 on is the same model as the 2011. Does the list on the website matter? How or where in the process is a vehicle approved for XL trips? Am I stuck shopping for a 2011+?

Thanks

·
Banned
31 Posts
I'm shopping for a car, specifically a Toyota Highlander. The list says that it qualifies for XL starting in 2011. But... The highlander has always had a 7 seat option and 2008 on is the same model as the 2011. Does the list on the website matter? How or where in the process is a vehicle approved for XL trips? Am I stuck shopping for a 2011+?

Thanks
Yes. The list does matter. Highlander is a horrible “XL” vehicle anyway. They (and all crossover “suvs”) have 0 room in the 3rd row.

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Can you expand on either of those statements? What cars are good for XL? How to get approved?
Doesn't matter what anyone thinks about a particular vehicle. It's either on their list or it's not, right, wrong, or indifferent. If it's not on their list you won't get it approved, simple as that.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Doesn't matter what anyone thinks about a particular vehicle. It's either on their list or it's not, right, wrong, or indifferent. If it's not on their list you won't get it approved, simple as that.
This. Times eleventybillion. (y) If it's on the list, you're good to go. If not, you're SOL.

With one caveat: Some people claim to have had luck pleading their case at the local hub, but I'm pretty sure no hub will be interested in hearing you pleading a case for a 10+ year old Toyota.They have plenty of ants buying newer ones that are on the list.

But all in all, best vehicle for XL is a minivan. They're cheap, they're roomy, they're plentiful in the market and are cheaper to operate than a full-size SUV, for example. No crossover or what ever the hell they are called, have proper room in the third row for adults. Not that anybody necessarily cares since they don't sit there, but still.

IMO, that is, so nobody get their panties in a wad. 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
3,659 Posts
Yes. The list does matter. Highlander is a horrible “XL” vehicle anyway. They (and all crossover “suvs”) have 0 room in the 3rd row.
Yep, what a horrible design. I don't even know if a teenager could fit back there. This could lead to cancelled rides if the riders can't fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks that is what I wanted to know. Uber support and documentation is so bad that I never trust their answers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts