Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't have a garage then don't get an EV because it's not worth it! I traded my 2018 Camry for a Kia Niro EV and it's been nothing but a nightmare! There's not enough chargers out there and the ones that are out there don't work or they're offline or they're defected. Most of them are level 2 chargers and it takes twelve hours to charge and the level 3 chargers take two hours but it'll cost you $25 bucks so I have charge it twice a day and waste four hours and pay $50 bucks to keep this car running. Then if it's cold out you lose half of your battery life. I was better off keeping my Camry it was cheaper.

· Registered
11,741 Posts
These battery-operated vehicles just aren't ready for prime time. IMO they're wonderful for the early-adopters to play with - if they have charging facilities at home. They can charge them up in their garages and then go out and drive around for 100 or 150 miles in the cold and then drive them back to the garage for another overnight charge. But for commercial drivers who drive hundreds of miles per day in all temperatures, time is money. Battery-operated cars may improve with time, but they're not ready yet. Probably another decade, I would think, until the charging infrastructure is adequate and the technology has improved to give acceptable ranges in all weather conditions and acceptable recharge times.

· Premium Member
394 Posts
Back in the early 2000s I read a book about how hydrogen would have been the energy of the future. The premise was simple, you run electricity through water and separate H from O. Couple that with nuclear power (let's say) and we can fuel our cars in a more reasonable way compared to diesel. In the end we got nasty batteries that are environmentally hazardous and solar panels that are a meme and a half. Just ask Michael Moore's producer on that one.

edit: direct link

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These battery-operated vehicles just aren't ready for prime time. IMO they're wonderful for the early-adopters to play with - if they have charging facilities at home. They can charge them up in their garages and then go out and drive around for 100 or 150 miles in the cold and then drive them back to the garage for another overnight charge. But for commercial drivers who drive hundreds of miles per day in all temperatures, time is money. Battery-operated cars may improve with time, but they're not ready yet. Probably another decade, I would think, until the charging infrastructure is adequate and the technology has improved to give acceptable ranges in all weather conditions and acceptable recharge times.
You couldn't of explained any better you're a thousand percent right we're still not ready for them.

· Premium Member
17,711 Posts
People are starting to wake up to the lies that the woke culture has been feeding us.
Waking up is different than woke - in fact it is opposite.
Waking up is being aware of your environment, using logic and previous experience to solve problems.
Being woke is being a sheep. Following the one in front of you, taking direction from the dog.

The awakening.
It's just starting.

Watch.

· Premium Member
1,016 Posts
If you don't have a garage then don't get an EV because it's not worth it! I traded my 2018 Camry for a Kia Niro EV and it's been nothing but a nightmare! There's not enough chargers out there and the ones that are out there don't work or they're offline or they're defected. Most of them are level 2 chargers and it takes twelve hours to charge and the level 3 chargers take two hours but it'll cost you $25 bucks so I have charge it twice a day and waste four hours and pay $50 bucks to keep this car running. Then if it's cold out you lose half of your battery life. I was better off keeping my Camry it was cheaper.
IMO every liberal should have one, they deserve it...

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
People are starting to wake up to the lies that the woke culture has been feeding us.
Waking up is different than woke - in fact it is opposite.
Waking up is being aware of your environment, using logic and previous experience to solve problems.
Being woke is being a sheep. Following the one in front of you, taking direction from the dog.

The awakening.
It's just starting.

Watch.
Hey dude, I don't care if you're a premium member or the Queen of all members just keep your bulls*#t comments away from me. Now I know you're probably a narcissist and I apologize if I'm wrong but this is in no way an open invitation to go back and forth with you I don't have any interest in communicating with someone who sends idiotic messages like yours and that goes for anyone else who wants to use this forum as there own philosophical institution to make their mark before they leave this world.

· Premium Member
17,711 Posts
Hey dude, I don't care if you're a premium member or the Queen of all members just keep your bulls*#t comments away from me. Now I know you're probably a narcissist and I apologize if I'm wrong but this is in no way an open invitation to go back and forth with you I don't have any interest in communicating with someone who sends idiotic messages like yours and that goes for anyone else who wants to use this forum as there own philosophical institution to make their mark before they leave this world.
LoL.
Noted.

You seem awful possessive of "this forum".
Since you've been here ... um, so long ... I assure you I will do my best to not tread upon your toes in future.

You speak as the new owner, don't you Mr. Musk?

PS: Are you really going to buy Disneyland? Will it include Disney World?

· Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
5,725 Posts
There are a number of drivers on this forum, and a lot more in the wild, that are doing just fine with an EV. I think though that the OP makes a good point in terms of how easy/hard it is to charge the car. Yes, if you live in an area that is short of a decent charging infrastructure (at home or on the road) and has poorly maintained stations, then an EV can be hellish. Sorry it is not working for you.

But again, EVs work for a lot of drivers. I am have been fully electric since 2018. My total bill to "fuel" the car is $40-50 /month for 1500-2000 miles. Low TCO is making the difference right now in terms of profitability.

Each new year should see the EV approach working for more drivers. that is IF the elected boobs running things do a much better job of maintaining/improving the grid. California has mandated the end of gas cars in a decade but our strategically brilliant governor hasn't lifted a finger to improve the grid. Quite the opposite.

· Premium Member
1,016 Posts
take your meds...

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Whoa, the king of the narcissists has graced us with his presence.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LoL.
Noted.

You seem awful possessive of "this forum".
Since you've been here ... um, so long ... I assure you I will do my best to not tread upon your toes in future.

You speak as the new owner, don't you Mr. Musk?

PS: Are you really going to buy Disneyland? Will it include Disney World?

You see, here we go with the back and forth crap! Couldn't you just take my constructive criticism as a compliment and just better yourself? No, you couldn't and you had to come back with some more idiotic comments that have nothing to do with me and Elon buying Twitter or his thinking about molesting Mickey.

Now the other guys read your second grade response and now they want to be like you so now I have to waste more time insulting them and again, all because of you. So look, you're girlfriend, wife or partner are probably sleeping with your best friend and it bothers you and now you've made this site your playground and you get to have a voice I get it it's a hard thing to deal with and I'll pray for you even though I'm not religious.

Just remember, at the end of the day we're just a bunch of going nowhere in life rideshare driver's that give cheap rides to people that think we're losers so it doesn't really matter what we have to say. I mean think about it, would you have sex with your Uber driver? I don't know maybe you would but most of us won't. 10-4

· Premium Member
17,711 Posts
Couldn't you just take my constructive criticism as a compliment and just better yourself? No, you couldn't and you had to come back with some more idiotic comments
Constructive criticism? You better buy a dictionary.
'Come back?' This is a discussion board - we have dialogs here, and group discussions. There is a back-and-forth, by necessity. So, yes, if addressed, I will usually respond. I've never done well with , "sit down and shut up." I just don't do it.
so now I have to waste more time insulting them and again, all because of you.
You don't HAVE to do any such thing.
You can sit down and shut up.
would you have sex with your Uber driver?
I dunno - is she hot?

· Premium Member
3,918 Posts
You see, here we go with the back and forth crap! Couldn't you just take my constructive criticism as a compliment and just better yourself? No, you couldn't and you had to come back with some more idiotic comments that have nothing to do with me and Elon buying Twitter or his thinking about molesting Mickey.

Now the other guys read your second grade response and now they want to be like you so now I have to waste more time insulting them and again, all because of you. So look, you're girlfriend, wife or partner are probably sleeping with your best friend and it bothers you and now you've made this site your playground and you get to have a voice I get it it's a hard thing to deal with and I'll pray for you even though I'm not religious.

Just remember, at the end of the day we're just a bunch of going nowhere in life rideshare driver's that give cheap rides to people that think we're losers so it doesn't really matter what we have to say. I mean think about it, would you have sex with your Uber driver? I don't know maybe you would but most of us won't. 10-4
And he called us narcissists. ROFL

1 - 20 of 95 Posts