Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate this new Feature. It used to be that you had separate Accounts for UberX and UberSelect.
Now it is just one account, tap on "Edit Trip Preference" and in there you check or uncheck your Preference.
All good, right?
Nope.
The App randomly switches you to "available to all Rides" which exposes me to The UberX requests.
This happened to me twice today:
Coming back from Costco, having both apps open, getting a UberX Request.
I'm thinking NOT Again (first UberX Pax canceled) but I figured, ok just this once.
I am turning into Palos Verdes and realize it is coming from a School. I turn my Phone off and go Home.
10 minutes later, I'm in my Kitchen, Pax calls me...wtf?
She says she's been waiting, doesn't want to pay the penalty for canceling. I said go ahead and cancel, I'm not even in your Area anymore.
So she does it and I am getting $3.75.
I contacted Uber right away, but no response yet.
Has this happened to any of you? Switch from Select to X in a second while driving?

:mad::confused::(

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Just like we non select drivers pay attention loooking at x or Pool I think I would notice select or x on the screen, just ignore x
Thats the thing, when you know youve made your selection your brain kicks it off your mental checklist and you just hit accept

·
Registered
646 Posts
I hate this new Feature. It used to be that you had separate Accounts for UberX and UberSelect.
Now it is just one account, tap on "Edit Trip Preference" and in there you check or uncheck your Preference.
All good, right?
Nope.
The App randomly switches you to "available to all Rides" which exposes me to The UberX requests.
This happened to me twice today:
Coming back from Costco, having both apps open, getting a UberX Request.
I'm thinking NOT Again (first UberX Pax canceled) but I figured, ok just this once.
I am turning into Palos Verdes and realize it is coming from a School. I turn my Phone off and go Home.
10 minutes later, I'm in my Kitchen, Pax calls me...wtf?
She says she's been waiting, doesn't want to pay the penalty for canceling. I said go ahead and cancel, I'm not even in your Area anymore.
So she does it and I am getting $3.75.
I contacted Uber right away, but no response yet.
Has this happened to any of you? Switch from Select to X in a second while driving?

:mad::confused::(
It has happened to me twice..they got me real good once

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could be wrong...but look in the DF filter window...I know they moved X/XL preference there, now
You are 100% correct:

Map World Light Product Font

Product Font Screenshot Multimedia Logo

But it randomly puts a checkmark on the uberX/pool thing, without warning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.