Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a business card that says DriverOpportunity.com. "A second income without a second job". Sounds cool and looks like I might be able to make extra money. If you don't mind my asking, how much do you guys make who already do it?

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Got a business card that says DriverOpportunity.com. "A second income without a second job". Sounds cool and looks like I might be able to make extra money. If you don't mind my asking, how much do you guys make who already do it?
You won't make enough to be worthwhile until you learn the game. You'll also be at a disadvantage since Uber and Lyft will charge you 5% more commission than veteran drivers.

Most people that play the game quit. The turnover rate is pretty crazy.

I stay pretty consistently $22+/hr gross at a minimum over last few months. But we're headed into the thick of slow season. It's the most challenging time to play, but if you can learn it busy season will be extra easy for you.

I anticipate you'll be frustrated with the lack of earnings. I wouldn't expect a new driver to do better than $10-12/hr over any significant number of hours worked.

Driving's easy, the accounting is hard.

I didn't go to the website you referenced, but my guess is someone gave you their card so you would use their referral code. They get some bonus for referring you. Not every referral code is worth the same bonus. So, you might be better off using someone else's code. Also, you can probably haggle with someone so they kickback some portion of the value they receive back to you. Effectively, increasing your sign up bonus since the other party doesn't really need to do anything.

Not that I'm suggesting anything/one.... Lol

Also, this post appears to be a veiled advertisement. New member, the thread tags, explicitly mentions a website, the avatar indicating "time is money", etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a referral code but yeah, it's brutal, $22/hr is great, I figure I get around $13/hour net part time but that doesn't count all the miles going on my car so making some more money while I learn the ropes better would really help. Anything would help. Anyway the thing said 5% paid if pax buys some discount passes for Sea World and the Zoo. Looks legit with the Zoo involved but I wanted to know if someone out there had done it before or if it is just more BS.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Facial expression Cartoon Product Organism Gesture

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
for the most part this is between $12-$16 per hr gross, befor gas and depreciation. liabiltiy risks and opportunity costs. That being said with a few months experience, a little skill and luck you can up that rate to $16-$25 per hr before expenses. When you first sign up U/L will favor you and give you plenty of pings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts