Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have never used Uber before and want to know my chances of getting an Uber ride on a Monday at 3:45am from the eastern suburbs to the airport. Any input is appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hi guys, I have never used Uber before and want to know my chances of getting an Uber ride on a Monday at 3:45am from the eastern suburbs to the airport. Any input is appreciated, thank you!
Sorry, that is not possible to determine.
1. Can't prebook with Uber
2. Not every uber driver is in this forum.
3. Those that are in this forum may not be in that location at that time. Unpredictable.
4. Anyway, expect less Uber drivers at that time of the morning.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
How far east is east? There will be people who are awake at that time trying to get an airport run or something. joffie and LevelX aren't that crazy though :D

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Uber ride on a Monday at 3:45am from the eastern suburbs
Your chances are good on a Monday as its well known for 'early morning' runs to the airport, lots of drivers get up extra early. BUT what suburb are you as this changes a few things.

Are we talking Kew or are we talking Lilydale?

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
That's why I was asking how far east is east :D :D
Your chances are good on a Monday as its well known for 'early morning' runs to the airport, lots of drivers get up extra early. BUT what suburb are you as this changes a few things.

Are we talking Kew or are we talking Lilydale?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for all the replies! It will be in the Doncaster area :) Also do you know approximately how much it will cost at the time? I'm not sure if the fare estimate takes into consideration any surcharges for different times..

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
Thank you for all the replies! It will be in the Doncaster area :) Also do you know approximately how much it will cost at the time? I'm not sure if the fare estimate takes into consideration any surcharges for different times..
70% than taxi

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
You should be ok in the Doncaster area..... :)

Cost wise, the Uber app has a fare estimate. Surge rate most likely won't apply at that time of the morning, and there are no surcharges like taxis put on for pickups, bookings, early morning etc. But Tolls are added if used.

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
You should be ok in the Doncaster area..... :)

Cost wise, the Uber app has a fare estimate. Surge rate most likely won't apply at that time of the morning, and there are no surcharges like taxis put on for pickups, bookings, early morning etc. But Tolls are added if used.
Why, would you accept him from Ringwood -:)

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
You always know how to add little value don't you?

$10 off! So ask away.....
I'm joking, you won't pick him but new driver on the eastern faaarrr away will...

I got looong ping yesterday morning from footscray while I was in South Melbourne, only 13 minutes pick up while it was surging like hell around me -:)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
My standard rules apply... 10 mins MAX in the otter burbs, unless its a surge job, the closer to the city, the lower that gets.

But yes, someone will take them! Don't worry about that.

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
My standard rules apply... 10 mins MAX in the otter burbs, unless its a surge job, the closer to the city, the lower that gets.

But yes, someone will take them! Don't worry about that.
10 minutes when you on the eastern can be looong way -:)

I'm usually don't pick up more than 5 minutes unless it's really close and lot's of traffic. Since I'm using this rule my rating went up and no more later arrival comments.

If I'm in the burbs sometimes I take even longer than 10 my minutes but lately I'm stay around here

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Meh its part of the gig in the outer burbs. If you don't want pings this long, then head towards the city and not the burbs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts