Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be moving to NC in a few months. Wanted to know doing Uber In Raleigh what is your earnings for part time. I am an Uber driver in New Haven CT. I know since the prices changes drivers are not too happy about it and not making as much before. And i do it part time.

·
Registered
932 Posts
There is money to be made out here but do know that this market just like every other city is flooded with drivers.I find that out here the late night trips are most rewarding and I'm speaking of Friday and Saturday nights.Of course this is just my opinion and based on my personal experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is money to be made out here but do know that this market just like every other city is flooded with drivers.I find that out here the late night trips are most rewarding and I'm speaking of Friday and Saturday nights.Of course this is just my opinion and based on my personal experience.
That is what i do now, work Thursday nights/Friday nights and Saturday nights. Living in new haven Yale students depend on Uber, But you also have University of New Haven/ Southern State and Quinnipiac University.

thanks for the response

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey LeeLee.. I've been driving since September. I tend to drive part-time as well and my "online" hours come out to 20-25 hours. I'll drive hard Friday and Saturday night.. mix in a couple of hours Thursday night and sometimes real early (4AMish). Anyway, with those parameters I come out earning 300-375 depending on how it goes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey LeeLee.. I've been driving since September. I tend to drive part-time as well and my "online" hours come out to 20-25 hours. I'll drive hard Friday and Saturday night.. mix in a couple of hours Thursday night and sometimes real early (4AMish). Anyway, with those parameters I come out earning 300-375 depending on how it goes.
Thats awesome!!! once i move i want to start right away. What part to you live? I will be moving to Zebulon NC but not far from Raleigh.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't limit yourself to Unc Chapel Hill,Duke and Nc State, There are plenty of smaller schools in the area as well.

Apex School of Theology
Barton College
Campbell University
Louisburg College
Meredith College
North Carolina Central University
North Carolina Wesleyan College
Saint Augustine's University
Shaw University
Shepherds Theological Seminary
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
William Peace University

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Or you could drive adults around instead of students. Lots of folks in their late twenties - early thirties using uber/lyft around here

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't limit yourself to Unc Chapel Hill,Duke and Nc State, There are plenty of smaller schools in the area as well.

Apex School of Theology
Barton College
Campbell University
Louisburg College
Meredith College
North Carolina Central University
North Carolina Wesleyan College
Saint Augustine's University
Shaw University
Shepherds Theological Seminary
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
William Peace University
I will be new to the area. How far are these schools from Zebulon?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Or you could drive adults around instead of students. Lots of folks in their late twenties - early thirties using uber/lyft around here
I didn't know Lyft was in NC. They used to be here in New Haven CT, but once Uber came in it was a wrap for Lyft. I signed up with them and they never got back to me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey Lee lee sounds like you will be moving to my area out in the booneys. It's about a 20-30 min ride to get into a busy area. On average 100 net can be done as long as the students are not on break. Their demand helps with the surge in drivers.

PM me about Lyft I will help you get setup(I'm a Lyft recruiter/mentor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Lee lee sounds like you will be moving to my area out in the booneys. It's about a 20-30 min ride to get into a busy area. On average 100 net can be done as long as the students are not on break. Their demand helps with the surge in drivers.

PM me about Lyft I will help you get setup(I'm a Lyft recruiter/mentor.
Ha yes the booneys is right!!! Thanks. I will pm you.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm close to Zebulon. It's east of Raleigh about 20 minutes. There isn't much there beyond a few grocery stores & fast food joints.

I usually start my driving in Knightdale - which is the town between Zebulon & Raleigh. Mostly because that's where my daughter does gymnastics & I start after dropping her off. From there, you can go into the downtown area of Raleigh, or you can easily get on either the inner or outer beltlines that circle Raleigh. The inner one (440) is close in and you'll get plenty of pings all around. A ride from there to downtown is in the $6-9 range. The outer beltline (540) is not yet a complete circle & goes way on the outside. You get less pings from there depending on the area. This is the best way to get to the airport & will also lead you towards Durham. From Zebulon to the airport is 30-40 minutes. Zebulon to downtown Raleigh is 20-30 minutes. The airport area to Durham is about 15 minutes.

NC State is in Raleigh just on the Western side of downtown. Meredith, Shaw & Peace are there too.

Duke University is in Durham - sprawls all over the whole city. On the eastern side of Durham, closer to the airport is NC Central.

UNC-Chapel Hill is in Chapel Hill. Don't bother driving there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts