Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made a lot of money this year on long rides to Wrigley Field from the suburbs with good tips placing me in a surge. To be honest I don't know how Sox fans tip because nobody ever wanted to go there. I love the Hawks and Bears but their is something different about a team that unites so many generations.
Uber drivers stand to make a lot of money as the Cubs progress. Enjoy the surge, I'll be watching the games with four generations of Cubs fans.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I love the Cubs.

I was at the game where the Cubs blew the world series in... 2003?

My yet-unborn child still owes a kidney for those tickets.

Last month the enforcer who breaks my fingers for the points on the loan said "why don't you just start driving for Uber or something"

Guess which choice mine will be?

Also, joking aside, I can't put myself in the middle of event surges. I might miss some money, but without fail Uber will send me a ping from 50 feet behind me, and it will take me 20 min to get around the block. I wish their system could take momentum into account and send the ping to the guy who is heading the correct direction, instead of the relative closest person... who almost always has to circle around by the time he sees where the ping came from.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate the 'behind you pings.' That is one of the reasons why I always log off while on the expressway. I find myself always looking for the easiest place ahead to turn around because the pings are so often behind me.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Most of my pings are behind me when they come in drives me nuts but that's how most of my money is going around in circles.

I'll be enjoying the Cubs. The slow season for food delivery is ending in the busy season is upon us. On that same subject I would really like to go to a World Series game this year I got the money

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of my pings are behind me when they come in drives me nuts but that's how most of my money is going around in circles.

I'll be enjoying the Cubs. The slow season for food delivery is ending in the busy season is upon us. On that same subject I would really like to go to a World Series game this year I got the money
I'd buy now. Prices are already over $1,500 for standing room. Will probably be some of the most expensive tickets in sports history if they make it.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
How does one enjoy the Cubs? 100+ years of total misery. This year will be no different. I'll save myself both headaches and play scrabble or something.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How does one enjoy the Cubs? 100+ years of total misery. This year will be no different. I'll save myself both headaches and play scrabble or something.
You're an Uber driver, you should understand that kind of self punishment!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
You're an Uber driver, you should understand that kind of self punishment!
Understand it? Guy I practically invented it. When I drive GUber I have to remember to punch myself in the sack every 20 minutes or so, just so I am not overcome with joy. Sometimes if it is busy, I'll forget and actually have a pleasant hour.

·
Registered
308 Posts
What else sucked is the Cubs doing so well this year and not even being able to talk about it.

It's like talking about politics or religion. 50/50 chance that your ratings get nailed just for being on the wrong team. I refused to take the chance.

Oh well. At least I got to ask about the hawks score whenever I picked someone up wearing a Blackhawks sweater. Everyone is a Blackhawks fan (recently).

·
Registered
308 Posts
Although I think that if I were to be driving during a playoff game (as of now I don't think I will), I'd have it on the radio. Both the pax and the ratings could lick my nutsack. I'll be damned if I'm going to miss it.

Who knows. Maybe they lose Wednesday and make my decision easy. (God, I hope not).

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know I took a ratings hit from Sox fans for having the Cubs game on the radio at least of couple of times. I don't mind I have had plenty of $20-$50 rides with great tips dropping people off at Wrigley placing me in the middle of a surge. As for dropping Sox fans off at Comiskey, well I really don't the fare or how much they tip because nobody (apparently including their own broadcaster) ever wants to go there. I'm adding Sling TV for $20 for one month to watch to games in they win Wed. I may drive the few hours before the games but I'm not missing the games.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts