Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:Us drivers are getting cheating some times we pick up 3 uber pool riders from SFO and drop them off at San Francisco and we only net around $20 total from all 3 riders combined while uber collects $60.
$20 for driver + $40 for uber= $60

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Someone needs to file a lawsuit for this kind of SH!T. There's gotta be something rotten about this for the drivers

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Yup I got a 1.7 uberx because smart pax noticed how jammed up the terminals were getting. If she took pool, we might have to circle around airport to pick up other pax.
Strangely I haven't don't a single pool . What's the best way to work surge here ? it's 12 am and there is no way I'm taking a no surge ride lol

·
Registered
577 Posts
Strangely I haven't don't a single pool . What's the best way to work surge here ? it's 12 am and there is no way I'm taking a no surge ride lol
I tell all pax that if you choose pool from SFO or to SFO then I might get a ping on the freeway that will force me to exit and pick up another rider. If you are going to the airport and you don't want to be late for your flight I would choose Uber X. If you choose Uber pool from the airport, we might get a ping on the freeway and I will end up exiting to pick up the next passenger. I tell the story about the woman I picked up from SFO and the pings I kept receiving as we drove down to Los Gatos.

Can pax switch to Uber X during the trip? It seemed like he had control of it.
One pax asked me how much it would cost using Uber x to get to the airport from SF after the story. I said it's cheap this time of day.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
:mad:Us drivers are getting cheating some times we pick up 3 uber pool riders from SFO and drop them off at San Francisco and we only net around $20 total from all 3 riders combined while uber collects $60.
$20 for driver + $40 for uber= $60
How is that cheated?

You either accept the rates or don't drive.

You not liking the rates, but driving anyways, isn't being cheated.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I tell all pax that if you choose pool from SFO or to SFO then I might get a ping on the freeway that will force me to exit and pick up another rider. If you are going to the airport and you don't want to be late for your flight I would choose Uber X. If you choose Uber pool from the airport, we might get a ping on the freeway and I will end up exiting to pick up the next passenger. I tell the story about the woman I picked up from SFO and the pings I kept receiving as we drove down to Los Gatos.

Can pax switch to Uber X during the trip? It seemed like he had control of it.
One pax asked me how much it would cost using Uber x to get to the airport from SF after the story. I said it's cheap this time of day.
No they are not able to switch but honestly I try not to worry about these things if I pick up a pool from sfo I ignore other pings or accept them but I keep driving to the drop off (that's from sfo)

If they are on the way to the terminals as long as the other ping comes in before I get out the city I accept sometimes they start to freak out but I say something like " hopefully it's a quick pick up, I'm sure we will make it on time"

the uber rates are so low that I don't feel I should have to babysit anybody I never call them ahead lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
Why are people so surprised? hackajar explained this very carefully to us. (Where are you bro? did Uber got you?) We basically get taken for every pool (not only airport pool) Last time hackajar asked this to the UBER lords, they pretended not to get it...

read this post - WARNING - You must have math skills covered on 9th grade.
https://medium.com/@hackajar/is-uber-skimming-off-the-top-f17632ed0e3e#.w36dz9qjk
https://medium.com/@hackajar/is-uber-skimming-off-the-top-f17632ed0e3e#.w36dz9qjk
So yes, on top of all the Pool indignities, we get shortchanged too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just stop picking up Uber Pool requests or don't accept any while you are on one. They just lie about needing at 80% acceptance rate or whatever. My last three weeks were like 56%, 58% and 70% last week only because I was in city going for the 120 rides PDB...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I fail to understand why I would want to extend my hours worked needed to hit my PDPlus goals by refusing any ride that isn't outside a reasonable pickup distance (which in SF, is no more than a mile)

Last week was $8 per pickup average for 100 pickups plus $3.50 for PDPlus bonus per pickup. $11.50 By refusing half my pings, I can expect to double the time cost, but for what? $10 per pickup plus $3.50 for PDPlus bonus?

Especially considering that I cannot spend the extra time, why would I ever do that?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Because I'm not in the business of letting Uber completely rape and deceive their drivers and the only way to force change is to not accept and add additional pool requests, since we are essentially getting paid the same amount whether or not we attach rides to our uber pools (and won't have to waste money on gas and time to re-route to give Uber more profit).

Uber getting up to 85% of the pot on Uber Pools is an absolute disgrace. People should put the word out on this hor$eshit practice of theirs.

Getting the PDB is easy in SF. That's the only place I would accept additional pool requests.

Adding pool requests on longer rides is absolute terrible for the drivers. Please stop people. It's giving Uber too much power to continue with their BS.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Because I'm not in the business of letting Uber completely rape and deceive their drivers and the only way to force change is to not accept and add additional pool requests, since we are essentially getting paid the same amount whether or not we attach rides to our uber pools (and won't have to waste money on gas and time to re-route to give Uber more profit).

Uber getting up to 85% of the pot on Uber Pools is an absolute disgrace. People should put the word out on this hor$eshit practice of theirs.

Getting the PDB is easy in SF. That's the only place I would accept additional pool requests.

Adding pool requests on longer rides is absolute terrible for the drivers. Please stop people. It's giving Uber too much power to continue with their BS.
Map World Font Screenshot Parallel

Tried fighting them last night :( I gave up and took the pools

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got that same message once from an Uber pool from the south bay to the city and got three pings from the Caltrain on 4th when I was stuck in traffic on 3rd. I wrote them an email saying I didn't see any of the alerts (since I get booted offline for 30 minutes if I skip three rides in a row), because of heavy traffic and I was using Waze...Sure enough, the following day the first ride I got was a surging 1.8 UberX and the rider subtly brings up uber questions and says he heard that drivers don't get alerts on Waze for uber pools LOLOLOLOL...God bless the secret riders who rarely are very discrete

·
Registered
305 Posts
Also, I texted an uber pool rider yesterday asking to cancel because I made a mistake accepting and just copied that text box and pasted it for other non-surging uber-poolers I didn't want to pick up. I don't mind picking up uber pools for the minimum rides when there is no traffic, since we get $4.09 for those as opposed to the $3.75 for UberX, but that's a dangerous guessing game. Long UberPool rides are the absolute worst!

·
Registered
305 Posts
"I was trying to set my destination to XXXX and as I was typing it in, your request came up and automatically accepted it. Do you mind cancelling, since we get charged a fee and you riders get 5 minutes to cancel with no fees. I'd really appreciate it. I apologize for not being able to pick you up" etc something like that should work

OR

"Hi, sorry, I accidentally clicked the circle thinking it was an UberX. I'm actually not accepting Uber Pool rides now, because I have an appointment in 1+ hours and can't afford to be re-routed with multiple pickups. I'm just trying to squeeze in one or two more rides. Do you mind cancelling, since we get charged a fee and you riders get 5 minutes to cancel with no fees. I'd really appreciate it. I apologize for not being able to pick you up"

Wait a minute so they think you are using voice command. If you immediately text that, they may get suspicious.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I was sitting in the SFO lot last night when it was surging 1.7X . A Pool request came in and I ignored it. Got a regular X ride right away after that to Hayward then headed home to SJ. Don't accept Pool when you don't feel like it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts