Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken from a press release:

6/1/2018
The Monmouth County Driving While Intoxicated [DWI] Task Force will conduct a checkpoint to detect drivers under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, Task Force Coordinator Chief Michael W. Palmer of the Brielle Police Department announced in a written news statement said.

The checkpoint will be run from 11 p.m. Friday through 3 a.m. Saturday along Route 35 north near the Sunoco gas station.

Task force members and officers from the Neptune City Police Department will pull vehicles from the northbound lanes into the Sunoco station parking lot at Steiner Avenue, Palmer said.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I remember I had some friends who went to the olympics in Atlanta. Driving home rhey has marijuana on them and saw a sign saying “drug checkpoint ahead”. They exited the interstate thinking they avoided it but the checkpoint was actually set up off that exit to catch people trying to avoid it. They got caught and cited. I thought “dang that was smart.”

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Taken from a press release:

6/1/2018
The Monmouth County Driving While Intoxicated [DWI] Task Force will conduct a checkpoint to detect drivers under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, Task Force Coordinator Chief Michael W. Palmer of the Brielle Police Department announced in a written news statement said.

The checkpoint will be run from 11 p.m. Friday through 3 a.m. Saturday along Route 35 north near the Sunoco gas station.

Task force members and officers from the Neptune City Police Department will pull vehicles from the northbound lanes into the Sunoco station parking lot at Steiner Avenue, Palmer said.
You're too generous, my friend.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're too generous, my friend.
I used to post this every week on our other channels, but in the spirit of the times, I decided to post it here. If every one noted a DWI checkpoint in their area and posted it is a thread like this one, maybe some drivers would be able to avoid the hassle of sitting for 20 minutes in line. The Monmouth County Stormtroopers are especially unfriendly towards Uber/Lyft drivers by forcing us to sit in the queue with no respite, where as the State guys will flag us through when they see we are with a pox.
Also, I figured I would get flamed for posting it here anyways, and you know me I love adding names to my nimrod club filter <grin>

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
all the more reason to take the parkway instead of 35
don't want to waste time only for the cop to tell your passengers thanks for not driving
but there was a time going through a checkpoint resulted in a large tip on top of a 6x surge: new year's eve 2016. the passenger was going to drive home but wisely called an uber instead. i got waved through a checkpoint, she would have been caught

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
I used to post this every week on our other channels, but in the spirit of the times, I decided to post it here. If every one noted a DWI checkpoint in their area and posted it is a thread like this one, maybe some drivers would be able to avoid the hassle of sitting for 20 minutes in line. The Monmouth County Stormtroopers are especially unfriendly towards Uber/Lyft drivers by forcing us to sit in the queue with no respite, where as the State guys will flag us through when they see we are with a pox.
Also, I figured I would get flamed for posting it here anyways, and you know me I love adding names to my nimrod club filter <grin>
Is that where I'm heading now? ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the head up lightning, I usually am on top of these but I didn't read the press today and wouldn't have known

I don't usually take 35 North over the bridge but good to know they will be there

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the head up lightning, I usually am on top of these but I didn't read the press today and wouldn't have known

I don't usually take 35 North over the bridge but good to know they will be there
I think the answer to this is to take memorial to get around it then double back on Corlies to 35 if necessary.

·
Registered
152 Posts
wouldnt you know it i get a ride from bar a to holmdel with a stop that takes me up route 18 , when i tell the pax that there is a dwi check over the bridge and ask if they want me to go around it they say no they want to go through it????? no problem they waved me right through but they seemed to all get a laugh that i didnt want to go through the checkpoint, i was waiting for the impaired driving complaint from uber :)

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
wouldnt you know it i get a ride from bar a to holmdel with a stop that takes me up route 18 , when i tell the pax that there is a dwi check over the bridge and ask if they want me to go around it they say no they want to go through it????? no problem they waved me right through but they seemed to all get a laugh that i didnt want to go through the checkpoint, i was waiting for the impaired driving complaint from uber :)
Whether or not the Pax is comfortable with that, it's still up to you. A DWI check can hold you up for half an hour or more, depending on the traffic that they're holding up. Keep control of your own car. If the Pax was that okay with it, they could have handed you a $20 tip to take that route instead of going around.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I had a couple last summer that had their destination set for Eventide in Sea Bright. I was an inclement type of night and Eventide closed early, so they asked to go to Tommy's. I explained to them that the Monmouth County Gestapo had set up in the lots opposite Dive Bar and if we went all the extra half mile on Ocean Avenue it might take some time. As it was drizzling they said they were cool with it. So... 20 minutes later at 12 cents a minute they got to Tommy's and I started on my second Million.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Today's pres release by the Monmouth County Gestapo on the subject of DWI Checkpoints:

MARLBORO, NJ
The Monmouth County DWI Task Force will conduct a DWI checkpoint tomorrow night, Friday, June 9, to detect drivers under the influence of alcohol and or drugs.

The checkpoint will be run from 10 p.m. Friday through 2 a.m. Saturday on Rt. 9 north.

Task force members and Marlboro police officers will pull vehicles from the northbound lanes into the New York Sports Club parking lot to educate motorists and determine driver's sobriety, said Brielle Police Chief Michael W. Palmer, task force coordinator.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.